CTC Question

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Rwandalove

CTC Question

Post by Rwandalove » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:15 pm

When setting up for CTC, do I need a separate notebook for writing or are the writing and Grammar done in one notebook?
Amanda

Jaden (10) CTC
Raeya (7) BLHFHG
Malaika (4)

6timeboymom

Re: CTC Question

Post by 6timeboymom » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:49 pm

we haven't done CTC yet, but in all our previous years we've had a "language arts" notebook with sections for grammar, writing, dictation, and copywork. We used the 5-subject notebooks for the most part. :)
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink:

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:28 am

We had separate composition books for WWTB, R & S English, and Dictation. They are super cheap at Walmart at the start of the ps school year! However, I like pp's idea of one tabbed lined notebook too. You can do whichever you prefer, HTH! :D We are getting ready to do CTC soon too with our middle ds. Having done CTC with our oldest ds a few years' back, I can't wait to do it again with our Riley. What a year steeped in the Lord and in amazing history connections! We'll have to share it with each other here on the board. :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Mumkins

Post by Mumkins » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:34 am

I'm excited to do CTC too!

We did tabbed binders last year. However, this year, the kids want one huge binder. So, I'll probably make a big tab page for each section (history, English, science) and then in those, we'll have it tabbed for each individual subject.
7 awesome kids!

2 graduated
2 at highschool
3 coming home to homeschool in the fall💕
DD5 LHFHG
DS9 Preparing
DS12 RTR

We’ve enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Preparing, CTC, WG