Just ordered Preparing!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
momofone

Just ordered Preparing!

Post by momofone » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:11 pm

I finally took the plunge and ordered Preparing for my DS 11. I am really excited and more confident now than ever that HOD is what we need. Looking forward to chatting with you all! :D Thanks for all the help you've given me. I'm slow, but I'm finally coming around! :lol:

momofone :D

RecumbentHeart

Re: Just ordered Preparing!

Post by RecumbentHeart » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:31 pm

Congrats. :) What is your intended start date?
Alicia
DS10: CTC (beginning Sept.)
DD8: Bigger (beginning Aug.)
DS7: Bigger (beginning Aug.)
DS5: LHfHG

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:16 pm

Hooray! :D How exciting PHFHG is on its way! :D You will have to share your box day with us if you get the chance - that is always exciting. :)

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

momofone

Post by momofone » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:29 pm

Thanks y'all :D

Recumbant Hart, I'm aiming to start in July possibly after the holiday, but it's not written in stone. :wink: I want to get everything organized and ready, especially my homeschool room. It's a mess right now. :roll:

Thanks for celebrating with me Julie! :D Are there any "Get ready for Preparing" threads? Just was wondering what supplies I will need??

Can't wait to get my books!
momofone

RecumbentHeart

Post by RecumbentHeart » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:34 am

That's about when we'll be starting Beyond. I don't have a school room to organize, though. :)

I'm looking forward to sharing the year with you. Enjoy your box of books!
Alicia
DS10: CTC (beginning Sept.)
DD8: Bigger (beginning Aug.)
DS7: Bigger (beginning Aug.)
DS5: LHfHG

gratitude

Post by gratitude » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:32 am

I just ordered Preparing too, along with LHFHG! I am really looking forward to Monday when the box comes! Enjoy! :D

momofone

Post by momofone » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:14 am

Recumbert Heart and Gratitude, I will look forward to sharing with you all as well! :D I know we will all have a great year! :D

Since our heat index is over 100 degrees :shock:, I think starting school is probably the best thing we can do right now!
Hope everyone has a great year. :D

momofone

mom23

Post by mom23 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:44 am

momofone wrote:Thanks y'all :D

Recumbant Hart, I'm aiming to start in July possibly after the holiday, but it's not written in stone. :wink: I want to get everything organized and ready, especially my homeschool room. It's a mess right now. :roll:

Thanks for celebrating with me Julie! :D Are there any "Get ready for Preparing" threads? Just was wondering what supplies I will need??

Can't wait to get my books!
momofone

Does this help?
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10426&hilit=organizing+preparing
Becky, married to my preacher-man and raising:
DD 12-7th grade public school
DS 10-Preparing
DS 8-Beyond
DS 3-Just doin' his thing

momofone

Post by momofone » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:48 pm

Thanks so much mom23, that's exactly what I was wanting to see! :D That thread has some great ideas.

momofone

oneddmanybooks

Starting Preparing July 2!!

Post by oneddmanybooks » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:27 pm

We are so excited to be starting Preparing soon! We had box day recently and it was amazing. There are so many great books in Preparing! :D :D :D

My dd really, really wanted to spiral bind the manual. So today we went to FedEx and had them spiralbind the manual into two books (one with just the appendix, one with everything else). They did a great job.

Note: Recently at Staples I found half-size index cards!!! Yay! No cutting needed. :)

I may start a separate thread asking for prayer as we start. I would be grateful for prayers.

Looking forward to a great year!
Jan
Wife to terrific dh for over 20 years
Mom to lovely dd using Preparing for 2012-2013

psreit

Post by psreit » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:37 pm

I ordered Bigger a few months ago, even though we aren't starting it until August. I was so anxious to look at it and now I'm anxious to begin it with dd. But she keeps reminding me that she is on summer break. :roll: :) We have used HOD for two years and, although we haven't done Preparing yet, I know you will love HOD. It has been wonderful for us. No desire to use anything else. :D Have a great year and keep us posted! :D
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. III John 4
Pam
dh 33 yrs
ds29 church planter in MA
dd27 SAH mom
dd26
dd 12
3 dgs(5,2, & born 6/15) & 2 dgd(3 & born 2/15)

momofone

Post by momofone » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:44 am

Thanks for the encouragement Jan and Pam! :D I am really looking forward to this year. I know my son is going to be relieved, as we have used textbooks almost exclusively and DS is wiggly. I know there will be a learning curve,but we plan to stick with the guide as close as possible.

Looking forward to posting about preparing and hearing about everyone's year! :D

momofone

lmercon

Post by lmercon » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:36 pm

Preparing was one of our favorite years! We loved, "Grandpa's Box." You will have a fabulous year.
Laura
Wife to a great guy and mommy to:
Ds(15) - using WG and loving it!
Dd(11) - using Res.to Ref and having a blast!
Ds (3) - our joy!
Two little ones in the arms of Jesus - I can't wait to hold you in Heaven!

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:21 pm

Congratulations! We are doing Preparing for our second time this year. You will love it! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

momofone

Post by momofone » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:08 pm

Thanks Laura and water2wine :D

Today was BOX DAY! :D :D It has been fun looking at all the neat books! I think we will have a great year. :D Preparing looks to be really well balanced. :wink: DS will be stretched a little with the poetry because we haven't really read much poetry, but it will be a good skill for him to develop and I love the way it's presented in the guide.

Can't wait to get started! :D

momofone