Update and prayer request

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Heidi in AK

Update and prayer request

Post by Heidi in AK » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:49 am

Hi everyone! I haven't been on the boards for a while because just over a month ago I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. While it explains why I hadn't felt good for a while, it comes as a shock because I am pretty active and eat healthy foods. Type 1, though, is an autoimmune disorder in which the pancreas just stops working. I am doing well, eating what is called the "Paleo" diet (though I don't agree with the old-world philosophy, I do see how it works for me), and enjoying the Alaskan summer! School is on hold, really indefinitely, till we finish with summer and I can fit it in. Mostly I'm back to training my kids to eat what I put in front of them and be mindful of Mommy.

I love you all and I love this board. Thanks for praying. :)
Heidi
loving teaching my rewards!!!
Girlie (dd7) - Beyond, 4 days/week
Boy-o (ds4), LHTH, along for the ride!!! (all boy, whatever he can get his hands on, FULL OF ENERGY!)
Psalm 78:3-7

http://heidihovan.blogspot.com

my3sons

Re: Update and prayer request

Post by my3sons » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:14 am

Thanks for the update, Heidi! I am praying for you! :D We have a very active nephew who was fit and healthy that was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. He is now on a small pump that monitors his insulin and this works well for him. He's back to playing tennis, working out at the gym, and living a very normal life. In this period of adjustment for you, I am praying that the Lord will be by your side and help you sort this out to find a new "normal", but I am confident you are going to do well! Praying for you!

Love in Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:29 am

Praying for you Heidi!
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Heather4Him

Post by Heather4Him » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:11 pm

Praying for you, Heidi! Sorry about the diagnosis, but glad you have some answers and can get to feeling better now with your new way of eating. :)
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM

KristinBeth

Post by KristinBeth » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:17 pm

Hi Heidi,
Praying for you. My brother has Type 1, which he got at the age of 10 (almost 10 years ago). I'm very familiar with it, and with the emotions that go along with a new diagnosis. Sending love and prayers!

Enjoy your time off and your Alaskan summer. :)
Kristin
Mom to two girly girls (7 and 5) and boy/girl twins born May 2013
Have used LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond
Sharing our joy at http://www.broomandcrown.com

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:41 pm

praying as you adjust
- Delighted to have used LHTH,LHFHG and Beyond, Bigger , Preparing and DITHOR
currently Using
LHTH slowly with my 2 year old
Starting Bigger with my 8 y/o About to add on DITHOR
Finishing Preparing with my 12year with ASD/LD

Mumkins

Post by Mumkins » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:04 pm

Praying for you.

My pastor's wife was diagnosed two years ago, in her mid 30's. She was quite surprised.
7 awesome kids!

2 graduated
2 at highschool
3 coming home to homeschool in the fall💕
DD5 LHFHG
DS9 Preparing
DS12 RTR

We’ve enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Preparing, CTC, WG

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:48 pm

Heidi,

Thanks so much for the update and for letting us know how to pray for you. I'm so sorry about the roller coaster of emotions that I'm sure must go along with such a diagnosis, but I am very glad that you know what you are dealing with and that you are working toward being able to feel some better.

My sister's son was diagnosed type I as a freshman in high school. He does very well in managing his diabetes and is now headed into his sophomore year at college. He also has an incredibly full life, just like you! I pray the Lord will surround you in his loving arms, lift you up, and encourage you with His strength and peace. :D

Blessings,
Carrie