Preparing Unit 18 History Project

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
smithdonnajo

Preparing Unit 18 History Project

Post by smithdonnajo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:00 am

Hi! Does anyone have a photo they could share?
thanks!
Donna Jo

pjdobro

Re: Preparing Unit 18 History Project

Post by pjdobro » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:15 pm

Could you refresh my memory on what that one was? I might have a picture. I tried to take more this year but never got around to posting them. You could check the week in review probably around December last year and you might be able to find someone who posted a picture. :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

smithdonnajo

Re: Preparing Unit 18 History Project

Post by smithdonnajo » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:58 pm

Hi Patty,

This History project is for them to draw/sketch and later paint the Star of Bethlehem. They first use a pencil to draw the star. then they draw a line around the outside of the star to make a border. Then they sketch 5-10 shapes inside the star. My question is: what kind of shapes do they use? geometric shapes? example would be circle, square, triangle, rectangle? The next day, the shapes will be painted. I just didn't know what was meant by "shapes".

thanks!
Donna Jo