How many are in the middle of your year?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
melissamomof3girls

How many are in the middle of your year?

Post by melissamomof3girls » Thu May 31, 2012 3:25 pm

We have always done a Sep'ish to May-ish schedule, but this year, we abandoned our former curriculum in March and are on unit 4 with HOD now. Anybody else in the middle of it right now? We plan to just go a few days a week through the summer.

I don't want to feel alone :lol:
Melissa mama to
19 yo dd
17 yo dd
15 yo dd
12 yo ds
8 yo dd

alydar

Re: How many are in the middle of your year?

Post by alydar » Thu May 31, 2012 4:59 pm

We do year-round and are nearing the end of Beyond and will be starting Bigger probably by the first of July. My DD is only on Unit 27 of LHFHG so we'll just keep trucking with it til she's done and then start Beyond. We just get through the programs however we get through them without (hopefully :) ) paying too much attention to the calendar.
Whitney

DS 10.5
DD 8.5

DS 5.5

Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Psalm 103:1

bethelmommy

Post by bethelmommy » Thu May 31, 2012 5:39 pm

We school year round and started LHFHG late January. We are on week 8. We are taking a couple weeks off now to enjoy summer activities and visitors. However, we will start back up mid-June and continue until October when we plan to break again for a month or so to enjoy our new baby:)
Grace and peace,
Alicia
DS 14 MTMM, DITHOR 6/7/8
DD 13 Rev2Rev, DITHOR 4/5
DS 10 Bigger, DITHOR 2/3
DD 8 Beyond, Level 2 Book Pack
(Previously completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, and DITHOR 2/3, 4/5)

farmfamily

Post by farmfamily » Thu May 31, 2012 7:01 pm

We school year-round with a month off around Thanksgiving to Christmas time & several week-long breaks scattered about. We are only doing school four days a week.

My son is on Unit 26 of LHTH and my girls are on Unit 3 of Beyond.
blessed to be married 17 yrs to my hardworking farmer dh, mom to:
daughter 13 MTMM
daughter 11 Rev to Rev
son 10 CTC

Enjoyed Little Hands, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, Res to Ref, and Rev to Rev!!

netpea

Post by netpea » Thu May 31, 2012 7:11 pm

We finished Bigger and are on week 3 of Preparing. I hope to get four units in over the summer.
Lee Ann
DD3 - LHTH
DD10 - no longer schooled at home
DS12 - no longer schooled at home

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, and BHFHG
http://netpea.blogspot.com

Homeschooling6

Post by Homeschooling6 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:50 pm

*With Ethan, started Beyond until Dec. and we are on Unit 20.
*Lance, started Little Hearts in March and we are barely on Unuit 6.
*Caleb and Brent, started Preparing in Jan. are on Unit 22.
So yes, we are in the middle. I would like Ethan to start Bigger in Sept. and both middle boys to start CtC in Sept. as well, so we'll work through the summer. If we don't finish by Sept, then hopefully by Nov. or Dec.
Linda
ds16~WG and now WH
dd.15~RtR, MTMM, and now WG
ds.14~ PH, CTC, and now MtMM
ds.13~ PH, CTC, and now Rev2Rev
ds.11 ~Bigger, and now CtC
ds.10 ~ Preparing

http://www.homeschooling6.com

MomtoJGJE

Post by MomtoJGJE » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:24 am

Jayden is starting unit 12 of Preparing...
Grace is finishing unit 17 of Beyond...
Julianna is finishing unit 7 of LHFHG (finishing this unit half speed and then beginning full speed I think. I might do another couple of weeks half speed though)
Evie is in unit 4 of LHTH, but we are only doing a couple of days per week really. We've been doing it since the beginning of April.

We'll finish them with what they are doing and then start the next guide whenever that happens. :) I'm hoping to get Jayden and Grace started with CTC and Bigger before the baby comes, but I'm not sure that can actually happen. I haven't checked ;) We'll restart LHTH in April when Evie turns 4 no matter if we've finished it or not. Probably with the K level fine motor skills books from LHFHG.

countrymom

Post by countrymom » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:41 pm

Yes, we are absolutely "untraditional" in our house. We are on unit 11 of Bigger and unit 10 of Little Hearts 1/2 speed.
Countrymom
Wife to J
Big J - LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, Rev to Rev, Modern Missions, beginning parts of World Geography
Little J - LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, working in CTC

mommybelle

Post by mommybelle » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:39 pm

We also just started LHFHG a few weeks ago. I have a 2 year old that needs naps every day, so I thought we would just continue our playing in the morning with both children outside and then do school in the afternoon with the oldest while the youngest is napping. We are going half-speed, and I plan to school year-round and just take breaks when we have something special we want to do as well as take some time off during Thanksgiving and Christmas to enjoy the season.
DD1 (11): PHFHG
DD2 (8): BLHFHG

DS1 (4): LHTH
http://mommybelle.blogspot.com/

Gwenny

Post by Gwenny » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:31 pm

We school year round- that way we can take off when we want. It's so hot in Texas in the summer we like to be off other times in the year.
We are starting unit 13 in Bigger, end of June one of my daughters will start RTR and finishing LHFHG mid July, starting right away with Beyond. I can't wait to start Beyond!
Nancy
Dd29 married (w/2 sons 1/2/14, 5/24/16), ds27, dd25 married (w/dd born 8/9/16), dd25, dd22
Dd 19 HS in special ed
Dd14 RevtoRev
Ds12 RevtoRev
Ds 9 Preparing
Dd 5 LHFHG

Mom2Monkeys

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:33 pm

We dno't school year round, missed several weeks for holidays, then packing immediately after holidays, then moving in Feb. and then living in my mom's house while looking for a house, then moving again to get out of mom's house and into an apt while we look for a house :D So, we are now in week 5 of CTC....and have stalled even more with the younger 3. Basically, we're in the middle of LAST year. :lol:
~~Tamara~~
Enjoying HOD since 2008

DD15 long-time HODie finding her own new path
DS12 PHFHG {dysgraphia, APD, SID}
DS9 PHFHG
DS6 LHFHG
DD new nursling

moedertje

Post by moedertje » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:15 pm

We are planning on moving sometime in August so I'm going with school until July and taking off July and August to pack, move, and unpack!
For Preparing we are in unit 25. We will take our break till September and finish next school year. I'm planning on starting CTC in January. Ds is going to 4th grade.
With Beyond we are in unit 8, we started in February and are following a loose 4 day a week schedule. Ds is going into 2nd grade. We will take his break and pick up where we left off in September.
We started LHFG this week with dd who is going into K. She is doing a loose 3-4 day a week schedule and we will play it by ear to see how much of a break she will get. :D :D
Last year she asked to take her school work on vacation! Lol with LHTH it was a breeze :mrgreen:
Success
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

Gwenny

Post by Gwenny » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:15 am

Tamara,
I can totally relate!!! I'm usually in last year. :)
Nancy
Dd29 married (w/2 sons 1/2/14, 5/24/16), ds27, dd25 married (w/dd born 8/9/16), dd25, dd22
Dd 19 HS in special ed
Dd14 RevtoRev
Ds12 RevtoRev
Ds 9 Preparing
Dd 5 LHFHG

mskogen

Post by mskogen » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:49 am

We school year round but take a 3 week break in June, the kids have VBS one week and basketball at our church another. We will start back the first of July. Two of my children finished their manuals, ds 11 finished CTC and ds 10 finished Preparing. However, my other two are mid -year. Ds 7 is on Unit 20 of Beyond, I plan to start Bigger in January. DD 5 is on Unit 19 of LHTH, I plan to start Little Hearts around October with her. I do reserve the right to change these plans :D I love the freedom of not worring about finishing a guide during a "normal" school year.
Blessings,
Michelle

Wife to dh since 2000
ds 15 years old, World History
ds 14 years old, World History
ds 11 years old, RTR
dd 9 years old, Preparing
Enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, MTMM, WG, enjoying WH

blessedmomof4

Post by blessedmomof4 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:19 am

Halfway through CTC, only up to unit 10 in Rev to Rev, and at a crawl/stop due to my pregnancy-trying not to stress about it!
Lourdes
Wife to Danforth
2 grads 9/19/92,7/8/95
2 in charter school 1/31/98, 9/19/99
3 in Heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, 9/13/13
Future HODie is here! 9/14/12