Rev2Rev Inventor Study?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Heather4Him

Rev2Rev Inventor Study?

Post by Heather4Him » Mon May 28, 2012 9:53 am

I'm pretty sure, from looking through the catalog, that I can't--but I was wondering if the Inventor Study in Rev2Rev can be purchased separately from the HOD Science for this guide? We are already using a science curriculum that we started years ago, but I was thinking it would be nice to do the Inventor Study along with our history and don't want to miss it if possible. Thanks!! :)
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM

MicheleW

Re: Rev2Rev Inventor Study?

Post by MicheleW » Mon May 28, 2012 12:43 pm

I bought just the inventor study. We also are doing a different science (came to HOD late and had already done physical science), but I thought the inventor study looked so neat and a great addition to the history period (age of discovery). I bought the books and the notebooking pages. I only hope I don't regret adding this (time-wise) to DS's schedule. I guess, worst case scenario, we can drop it, if he can't get everything done. He is using Rev2Rev for 9th grade, so he is doing the history extension, Apologia Biology, and Spanish in addition.
Michele
DS 10th M2M w/extension
DD 7th RTR w/extension

blessedmomof4

Post by blessedmomof4 » Mon May 28, 2012 2:00 pm

Not to throw in any wrenches, but the EE science in Rev to Rev, if one uses the Advanced version, is worthy of 9th grade credit, has a great supply kit included, and combines cd-rom lessons with hands-on experiments and has the student writing lab reports. There are also quarterly exams, and a grading rubric for assignments in the teacher's manual. It's a winner with my science-loving 14 yo dd :D But yes, you can purchase just the Inventor Study books and student notebook for Inventor Study individually. They are scheduled in the Rev to Rev guide independently of the EE science.
Lourdes
Wife to Danforth
2 grads 9/19/92,7/8/95
2 in charter school 1/31/98, 9/19/99
3 in Heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, 9/13/13
Future HODie is here! 9/14/12

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Mon May 28, 2012 9:08 pm

Yep...and in our state the EE science in Rev to Rev can count for 9th grade credit even if the child takes the course in 8th grade. :) That is what we are doing this year. My son has loved the inventor study thus far as well.
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

Heather4Him

Post by Heather4Him » Tue May 29, 2012 7:30 pm

Thanks for the input! I guess I wasn't thinking, because I didn't see a "package set" for the Inventor Study, but it makes sense to buy the notebooking pages and books separately (duh, :oops: LOL!) :)

Thanks again!!
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl

Heather4Him

Post by Heather4Him » Tue May 29, 2012 7:31 pm

Oh, and Rebecca--I agree that the EE science looks wonderful, and I would seriously consider using it, except we just did Apologia Physical Science this year and don't need Phys. Sci. again.
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl