Military HOD Families

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
gerka528

Military HOD Families

Post by gerka528 » Sat May 26, 2012 5:43 am

How many other Military HOD families are around? What branch and where are you stationed?

We are a Navy family and are currently in Newport, RI, but PCS this summer to Yokosuka, Japan. This will be our first year with HOD and I am trying to decide if I should take the schoolbooks with us to work on during the summer, or send them with our shipment and wait until August/September to start schooling.
DD 8
DD 7
DD 5
DS 4

tobiasmom

Re: Military HOD Families

Post by tobiasmom » Sat May 26, 2012 7:35 am

We are Air Force, stationed in San Antonio, Texas. We are currently using LHTH but plan to use HOD all the way through!!! Loving it!
Tobias (6.5): Beyond
Lincoln(1.5): getting into everything!

Prairiegirl40

Post by Prairiegirl40 » Sat May 26, 2012 5:57 pm

We are Air Force, stationed in Del Rio, Texas. We will be PCSing to Minot, ND this summer. At least I hope we all move this summer since there is a housing shortage there due to the oil business and flood last summer. Right now we are not allowed to go until my husband has secured housing. Never a dull life in the military!

My youngest has been using HOD for three years.

tobiasmom

Post by tobiasmom » Sun May 27, 2012 2:54 pm

PrairieGirl: we were stationed in Minot for five years. Super cold but a really nice place to raise kids. We had a wonderful church family there. If you need any advice there, let me know!
Tobias (6.5): Beyond
Lincoln(1.5): getting into everything!

Heidi in AK

Post by Heidi in AK » Mon May 28, 2012 7:43 am

We are Army, stationed at Joint Base Elmendorf - Richardson in Anchorage, AK. I would consider taking at least some with you to cover your PCS. You don't know, with an OCONUS move, what could potentially happen with your HHG. Just saying! It will give your kids something to do, too. ;)
Heidi
loving teaching my rewards!!!
Girlie (dd7) - Beyond, 4 days/week
Boy-o (ds4), LHTH, along for the ride!!! (all boy, whatever he can get his hands on, FULL OF ENERGY!)
Psalm 78:3-7

http://heidihovan.blogspot.com

aprilk

Post by aprilk » Mon May 28, 2012 9:05 am

We are not a military family but I wanted to thank all of you! You are a blessing to all of our families! Happy Memorial Day!

Prairiegirl40

Post by Prairiegirl40 » Mon May 28, 2012 12:49 pm

Tobiasmom,

I sent you a PM.

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue May 29, 2012 3:36 pm

Thanks for serving our country!!! :D Be sure to ask for the HOD military discount - they love to offer that for military families. :D
In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

sahervey

Post by sahervey » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:58 am

We're Navy in Okinawa, Japan. We love the HOD discount. Their shipping rocks, too!
Amy
Married to a Navy Chaplain
Mom to 4: Addie, Joel, Silas, and Lincoln
AH2
World History
MtMM
Bigger

MamaBear23Cubs

Post by MamaBear23Cubs » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:03 am

We are military family living in Japan. My husband is stationed at Yokosuka Base. We have been here for two years now.
Military wife and Mama to 3 (DD12, DS8, & DD7)
Have used: Little Hands For Heaven, Little Hearts For His Glory, Beyond Little Hearts For His Glory,
Bigger Hearts For His Glory, and Preparing Hearts For His Glory.
http://livinglifeonthehomefront.blogspot.jp/

mamayi

Post by mamayi » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:08 pm

We're a Marine family stationed in Pensacola, FL!
We've been overseas before and I agree with Heidi that you should take at least a few books with you in case your household goods is delayed.
Praying that your PCS goes smoothly!
Marine Wife for 14 years
Mother to
DS 07/02 Preparing
DD 04/04 Preparing
DD 07/06 LHFHG
DS 09/09 Playing
DD 05/12 Joining the party!

blessedmomof3girls

Post by blessedmomof3girls » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:21 am

We are Air Force and live in Hawaii at Joint base Pearl Harbor Hickam
Rebecca
Momma to
A-10/03
K-3/07
R-2/10
N-5/12

Heidi in AK

Post by Heidi in AK » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:00 pm

Blessedmom, my sister is PCSing to Hickam this summer & is using LHTH with her youngest! I didn't know there was a military discount until this thread occurred! Glad I know for the future; thank you!
Heidi
loving teaching my rewards!!!
Girlie (dd7) - Beyond, 4 days/week
Boy-o (ds4), LHTH, along for the ride!!! (all boy, whatever he can get his hands on, FULL OF ENERGY!)
Psalm 78:3-7

http://heidihovan.blogspot.com

joyfulness

Post by joyfulness » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:15 pm

We are a Navy family in Germany. Coming over here years ago, I brought our HOD manuals and several of the books with us on the airplane. It was really helpful for us to have in the hotel room while we searched for a house. Then we set it all aside when the household goods shipment came and picked it back up easily once we were unpacked.

We PCS in a few months back to the States, and I don't think it work quite the same way. Most of our time waiting for the shipments will be spent visiting family, instead of sitting in a hotel room. So we will just put a hold on school work until we are settled in housing.

Joy
Joy
Navy wife and mom of four:
Mr J (10), Mr M (8), Miss M (6) & Miss B (4)

julsoliveira

Post by julsoliveira » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:57 pm

I know this is almost a year old, but...

We are a Navy family, currently in WA, with a PCS on the horizon for 2012 (should find out where this week, you know the anticipation is killing me!)

We met and dated on O'ahu while he was at Pearl. He transferred to Ventura county, where married and had our daughter. Next a transfer to WA where we've been for 5 yrs!! Which is just a crazy amount of time to be in one place :shock: I am so excited for a new adventure!

Hoping we move someplace HOD can still ship to us lol.