Question about LHFHG

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
momof4

Re: Question about LHFHG

Post by momof4 » Thu May 24, 2012 5:24 pm

You can create the timeline if you want, but it is not necessary for Little Hearts. Over the years, if the kids have wanted to do the projects (not in the teacher manual), we go ahead and make them. Just depends on how much time we have.

If there are questions at the end of the chapter or section we are reading, we do those orally. Again, you don't have to, but I like to see how they are retaining things.

Hope that helps.
Laurie
dd's 22, 17
ds 9 - Bigger
dd 5 - LHFHG

momof4

Post by momof4 » Thu May 24, 2012 8:01 pm

My 9 yo has high expectations for his 5 yo sister too. She is out of the ripping stage, but she does know how to push his buttons. :D

Enjoy making you timeline. Those sentence strips sound like a great idea. You'll have to post a picture when you are done with it!
dd's 22, 17
ds 9 - Bigger
dd 5 - LHFHG

jer2911mom

Post by jer2911mom » Thu May 24, 2012 8:30 pm

We did the timeline on a Crayola floor pad. It ended up being several pages long. It was nice that we could fold it up at the end of the year as opposed to a poster board. I think my dd got a lot out of doing it. The fact that she drew the pictures herself instead of using pre-fabbed ones made the info. stick better for her.

HTH!
Kathy