Running Bigger and CtC together -Sample Schedule?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Homeschooln2qts

Running Bigger and CtC together -Sample Schedule?

Post by Homeschooln2qts » Tue May 15, 2012 1:31 pm

Does anyone have a schedule they wouldn't mind sharing of running CtC and Bigger together? Dd just started Bigger last Monday and so far it's been GREAT; much fuller than Beyond, but GREAT!! However, I'm getting a little nervous about starting ds in CtC next Monday and trying to get it all done, kwim? We had no problem running Beyond and Preparing, but with the higher levels, I'm just getting a little nervous. We're using all of the HoD recommendations for LA and Math except for DITHR. Any advice would be MUCH appreciated and a schedule example would be PERFECT :wink:
Miranda
DS (20) PHFHG, CtC, RtR, (skipped RevtoRev) MtMM, WG, WH, AHI, AHII; now a college sophomore
DD (17) Beyond, Bigger, PHFHG, (skipped CtC) RtR, RevtoRev, MtMM, WG, WH, AHI, now in AHII

https://theboobooandluluchronicles.wordpress.com/

Mom2Monkeys

Re: Running Bigger and CtC together -Sample Schedule?

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Tue May 15, 2012 3:32 pm

Yep! I have it on my blog in the top right on the sidebar in the dark blue box. :) You can download it there and I think you can edit it too. It includes two younger ones as well. www.ThomasSchoolDays.blogspot.com
~~Tamara~~
Enjoying HOD since 2008

DD15 long-time HODie finding her own new path
DS12 PHFHG {dysgraphia, APD, SID}
DS9 PHFHG
DS6 LHFHG
DD new nursling

Mom2Monkeys

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Tue May 15, 2012 3:34 pm

Also, for the most part, NONE of the boxes take as much time as alloted except painting and sometimes WWTB in CTC (like today with finding all the parts of speech in the excerpt) My artistic child also sometimes finishes up notebooking later in the day during free time.
~~Tamara~~
Enjoying HOD since 2008

DD15 long-time HODie finding her own new path
DS12 PHFHG {dysgraphia, APD, SID}
DS9 PHFHG
DS6 LHFHG
DD new nursling

Homeschooln2qts

Post by Homeschooln2qts » Tue May 15, 2012 3:45 pm

Thanks so much, Tamara! :D
Miranda
DS (20) PHFHG, CtC, RtR, (skipped RevtoRev) MtMM, WG, WH, AHI, AHII; now a college sophomore
DD (17) Beyond, Bigger, PHFHG, (skipped CtC) RtR, RevtoRev, MtMM, WG, WH, AHI, now in AHII

https://theboobooandluluchronicles.wordpress.com/

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Thu May 17, 2012 11:04 am

I'm not sure if this will help, but here was our schedule for CTC and Beyond...

And here was our schedule for RTR, Bigger Hearts, and LHTH...

I know these aren't the exact guides all in one schedule, but I thought maybe looking at similar schedules may be helpful. Tamara's schedule will probably be most helpful! :D But I figure having another option to look at may give a few ideas to try! HTH! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie