Please pray we can homeschool again ***UPDATE***post 17

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
blessedmomof4

Re: Please pray we can homeschool again

Post by blessedmomof4 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:34 am

Mumkins, my heart goes out to you. I had to put my children in public school for a short while and it broke my heart. They swore they were fine, but the older one was failing English and dealing with sexual harassment from fellow students because she is an "early bloomer"; the younger one had a teacher who berated her for having been homeschooled and made her feel dumb when she had trouble with math instead of helping her-in addition, she was being mercilessly bullied, both verbally and physically, by other students. When either of the girls tried to seek help from teachers, they were told, "I didn't see so I can't do anything about it" or "Stop making excuses for your problems". :cry:
Homeschooling is a challenge and a calling, and there are probably going to be those days, weeks, or months where we feel like we can't do this one more minute! But like you mentioned in your blog, we MUST take times of refreshing with God to get our perspective back. I do pray that you will be able to bring all your children home soon, that your hubby will come around and catch the vision as well. My hubby, who is stepdad to my girls and oldest son, was not really big on the idea of homeschooling before, but after seeing the effect it had on the girls' attitudes to be in public school, and having a reality check as to what it is like there today, he has since become my biggest supporter and is excited about homeschooling our baby-on-the-way when he/she is old enough :) I am so sorry that similar things are happening, even as a Christian school. Whatever the outcome, the Lord will give your strength, and just know that you have NOT failed. Your children are in God's hands, no matter where they are schooled, and he hears a momma's prayers.
Lourdes
Wife to Danforth
2 grads 9/19/92,7/8/95
2 in charter school 1/31/98, 9/19/99
3 in Heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, 9/13/13
Future HODie is here! 9/14/12

Mumkins

Re: Please pray we can homeschool again

Post by Mumkins » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:03 am

Praise the Lord!! DH says we can homeschool again! We're coming back to HOD :D Just about 10 or so units left with Preparing with the olders and we'll be starting CTC.

Wrote a blog post about it:

http://aheartturnedtohome.blogspot.ca/2 ... elong.html

I'm really so excited. I get so happy that sometimes I feel bouncy and other times I just want to cry tears of thankfulness. I really am that emotional over it. Putting them in school was such a mistake. I am so very thankful I get to bring them back home.
7 awesome kids!

2 graduated
2 at highschool
3 coming home to homeschool in the fall💕
DD5 LHFHG
DS9 Preparing
DS12 RTR

We’ve enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Preparing, CTC, WG

my3sons

Re: Please pray we can homeschool again ***UPDATE***post 17

Post by my3sons » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:11 am

PRAISE THE LORD! He is always faithful! :D I'm so happy that you are so happy, and I am looking forward to sharing the journey with you here again! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

striving2Bprov31

Post by striving2Bprov31 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:59 am

I'm so happy for you!

I don't get on here anymore, but thought I would today for some reason. I'm so glad I did. I needed to see your most recent post. I have been hanging on to homeschooling by a thread the last few months. If we thought there was another option out there that was as good as homeschooling, we probably would have taken it by now.
I'm just so exhausted and weary of trying to make everything "tick along" everyday.

I'm just so glad to hear someone say that putting the kids in Christian school was a mistake. I think it would be for us too.

Bless you!

Mumkins

Post by Mumkins » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:23 am

Thanks Julie :D
striving2Bprov31 wrote:I'm so happy for you!

I don't get on here anymore, but thought I would today for some reason. I'm so glad I did. I needed to see your most recent post. I have been hanging on to homeschooling by a thread the last few months. If we thought there was another option out there that was as good as homeschooling, we probably would have taken it by now.
I'm just so exhausted and weary of trying to make everything "tick along" everyday.

I'm just so glad to hear someone say that putting the kids in Christian school was a mistake. I think it would be for us too.

Bless you!

Glad it was an encouragement to you. If you go back and read the last few posts on my blog, it all talks about, except for one or two. Praying for you.
7 awesome kids!

2 graduated
2 at highschool
3 coming home to homeschool in the fall💕
DD5 LHFHG
DS9 Preparing
DS12 RTR

We’ve enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Preparing, CTC, WG

Heather4Him

Post by Heather4Him » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:40 pm

SO happy for you and echoing Julie's sentiments!!! Praise the LORD for this wonderful news!! :D :D
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM

KristinBeth

Post by KristinBeth » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:27 pm

Hooray! How wonderful to have your family together again! :D
Off to read your blog now...
Kristin
Mom to two girly girls (7 and 5) and boy/girl twins born May 2013
Have used LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond
Sharing our joy at http://www.broomandcrown.com

Candice

Post by Candice » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:11 am

Mumkins,

What a joyful occasion, celebrating with you!
I loved the excitement in your post!

striving2Bprov31---Praying for you!!!

blessedmomof4

Post by blessedmomof4 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:04 pm

Mumkins, I am SOOO happy to see your update!!! God is so good :D
Lourdes
Wife to Danforth
2 grads 9/19/92,7/8/95
2 in charter school 1/31/98, 9/19/99
3 in Heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, 9/13/13
Future HODie is here! 9/14/12