FYI: Health Issues and HOD...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MamaByGrace

Re: FYI: Health Issues and HOD...

Post by MamaByGrace » Thu May 31, 2012 12:12 pm

Praying for your dad and your family!
Kim
DS1 - 8 (9 in Nov.) Beyond
DS2 - 5 (6 in July) Little Hearts

DD1 - 18mo.

Heather4Him

Post by Heather4Him » Thu May 31, 2012 10:43 pm

Hi Carrie and Julie--any new updates on how your dad is doing? :)
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:17 pm

I just saw Dad today, and he is looking so much better! :D He has lost about 30 pounds but blessedly, he was a big guy to begin with, so he still looks like our good sized Papa. His good color has returned, and he is enjoying being back at home. He has been able to have 2 of his 4 tubes/drains removed, and now only his stomach feeding tube and peg drain tube remain. In 2 weeks, he will hopefully have these removed too. He will also begin chemo in 2 weeks. His tumor was small, contained, and they were able to get clear margins around it, so the chemo should not have to be of such a long duration. We are hopeful he will be able to tolerate it well enough to maintain eating. His appetite is still small, but eating more meals a day that are smaller has been better. He has had a very small hamburger twice now, and that has gone pretty well. He can also eat baked potatoes with no skins, and soups, toast, crackers, cream of wheat, and pudding. This is GREAT progress! We hope his appetite continues to grow. He tires very easily. This is somewhat frustrating to him, as he is used to being extremely active, and loves to be outdoors. Our prayers for Dad are now that he will continue to be able to eat more, that his feeding tube and peg tube can be removed hopefully soon - but at the right time whatever that may be, that mom and he would know which doctor to choose for his oncologist, that he can be strong and still eat through his chemo treatments, that his energy will soon be restored, and that the cancer will not return. You are all an incredible blessing to both Carrie and me! We have shared with our parents how devoted you ladies have been to praying for them, and they were so touched by it. Thank you so much - you are all so special to the both of us - we feel very blessed to have you praying for our Dad! He means the world to us, and your prayers continue to bolster our spirits through this difficult time.

Love in Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

scampbell2003

Post by scampbell2003 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:35 pm

Julie and Carrie
This is so good to hear! I will continue to pray for your dad and your families. Being a daddy's girl this just touches my heart to hear he is improving. :D
Samantha wife to Matt 11 years!

Mom to
Madison DD 10 5th grade Bigger Hearts
Colin DS 8 2nd grade Little Hearts
Logan DS 4 Pre PreK Little Hands
Evan DS almost 2

Great2kids

Post by Great2kids » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:40 pm

Julie, Thanks so much for the update. I am so glad to hear your dad is progressing forward :D . I will continue to pray for all of you.
2015-2016
We are looking forward to our eighth year with HOD!

DS14 WH (Completed BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, RTR, Rev to Rev, MTMM & WG)
DD10 RTR (Completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG & CTC)

moedertje

Post by moedertje » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:01 pm

I am so glad to hear that your Dad is making good progress! May the Lord bring his healing to completion and in the mean time increase his appetite so he feels stronger! :D
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.