Bigger poetry Unit 11 - a typo?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
abrightmom

Bigger poetry Unit 11 - a typo?

Post by abrightmom » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:09 pm

We started Unit 11 today with the poem Hold On. Is there a typo? One of the vocab. words is "tarry" but it is not in the poem itself. I am thinking, based on context, that the word carry is the typo and it should be tarry.

Thoughts? :mrgreen:
Katrina 8) Wife to Ben, husband extraordinaire! God is so good!
2019-2020 plans
Jax DS17 HOD subjects: US1 Lit + US2 LL + IPC
Logan DS15 MtMM + extensions
Chloe DD13 MtMM
Levi DS10 PHFHG

Wilfam12

Re: Bigger poetry Unit 11 - a typo?

Post by Wilfam12 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:05 pm

Tarry is in the poem - first line of second stanza...........it actually just took me a couple of minutes to find it myself! :oops: hope that helped!

Julee
Julee, wife to ConcreteMan for 15 years, and mom to:
DS11 - PHFHG w/extensions
DD9 - PHFHG

abrightmom

Post by abrightmom » Tue May 01, 2012 8:45 am

That is hilarious. I am going back to look. We both skimmed it (and read through it twice) and didn't find it!! Ha ha ha ha ha. :lol: :oops: :mrgreen:

ETA: Okay, I just looked again and the first line of the second stanza says, "You may have to carry on". I think my guide has a typo in it. I am relieved because I thought, "Sheesh, I REALLY need some help to read carefully!" Anyway, you have answered my question because I think the word "carry" is supposed to be "tarry" and I'll write over it with a pen. My guide was purchased new from HOD in 2011 so I'm not sure what the deal is. I did photocopy and laminate the poems for ease of use for my son and when I did that I had an older Bigger guide. After we began to use Bigger I went ahead and purchased a new one. I'll go compare my laminated poem with the new guide we are using. Perhaps my older guide (now sold) had the typo. :D
Katrina 8) Wife to Ben, husband extraordinaire! God is so good!
2019-2020 plans
Jax DS17 HOD subjects: US1 Lit + US2 LL + IPC
Logan DS15 MtMM + extensions
Chloe DD13 MtMM
Levi DS10 PHFHG

mamaduke

Post by mamaduke » Fri May 25, 2012 10:31 am

Hi did this ever get resolved? I'd like to know if it was a typo or not. Thanks, Julie
Julie
9yo ds completed Little Hands, Little Hearts, Beyond, and currently in Bigger
6yo twin girls completed Little Hands, currently in Little Hearts
4yo ds alongside
1 yo darling dd, stuffing crayons in her onesie
#6 due in April!