Rev2Rev Science~Exploration Education kits?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
SMiles

Rev2Rev Science~Exploration Education kits?

Post by SMiles » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:11 pm

Hello, I am hoping for a bit of clarification on what to purchase for the EEC kits.

My ds will be using the program next year in 8th grade. I think, from my reading, that I need to choose "Option 2" of the advanced kit which will include one advanced logbook. From what I understand, my dd, who will be using Rev2Rev in a couple of years in 8th grade as well, will just need a new advanced log book. Is this correct?

Are the experiments reusable or are the materials something that I gather on my own? It seems like they are all inclusive, but I was a bit confused.

Thanks for any help,
Sherry
Sherry~Married to dh for 19 years!

DS14~Rev2Rev with extensions, Saxon math & Dithor~
DD12~CTC with extensions, Saxon math & Dithor~

We have used Beyond, Preparing, CTC, and RTR!!

arstephia

Re: Rev2Rev Science~Exploration Education kits?

Post by arstephia » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:14 pm

No, you will need another "kit" for your 2nd student. You just won't need the DVD. The materials are all inclusive in the kit except for things like ruler, glue stick, etc. You do need a low-temp glue gun and low-temp glue for several of the projects. Since the materials are all consumed, you need a new kit for each upcoming student. BTW, my son has just loved the science. The projects are impressive, but the lab-book that he has to fill out really shows what he has learned and I love that.
I've done all the guides now with at least one child and still feeling the HOD LOVE. LOL!
DD 9- Preparing
DD 13- Rev 2 Rev
DS 15- Geography