Our HOD is here and we are ready!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mamatothree

Our HOD is here and we are ready!

Post by mamatothree » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:16 am

We got our HOD box this week. I think I may have been more excited than the kids. Though they were climbing all over each other to open the box once they saw mama start to open it. We all sat there at the table looking through all the great books and awesome guides. I almost took the books away so that they could not read too much before we actually started school.

Since then our school shelf has been cleaned off and it now holds only those books from HOD, our notebooks, and a few reading choices. It looks so organized and inviting. I can not wait to get started with the kids come Monday morning. :D

I will be back next week to share our first week with Heart of Dakota. :D
Wife to hubby 13 years
Mama to:
Lady Bug 10 yrs CTC
Wild Thing 7 yrs BLHTH
Little Man 4 yrs LHTH

Our blog- http://learningthethreersathome.blogspot.com/

mskogen

Re: Our HOD is here and we are ready!

Post by mskogen » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:13 am

Sooo excited for you! :D Prayers for a great week!
Blessings,
Michelle

Wife to dh since 2000
ds 15 years old, World History
ds 14 years old, World History
ds 11 years old, RTR
dd 9 years old, Preparing
Enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, MTMM, WG, enjoying WH

Cindygreen

Post by Cindygreen » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:12 pm

I understand your excitement. I am planning to order ours this weekend, but we aren't going to start using it until the beginning of August (if I can wait that long :D). Best wishes on your week next week.
Cindy Green
Married to Paul 18 years
DS15 (9th) Geography Guide, Math-U-See, Visual Latin
DS9 (4th) Bigger (Beyond last year)
Homeschooling since 2004
2nd year using HOD
http://cindyshomeschoolblog.blogspot.com/

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:00 am

How exciting! :D I am so glad that you have your books in hand. :D We pray you will have a wonderful year! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

mamatothree

Post by mamatothree » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:21 pm

:D Thank you everyone!
We tried to get our first day in today but due to doctor appointments we were not able to get a whole lot done. But I will say that my kids were, for the most part, excited to start HOD. My daughter (starting CTC) was excited to have independent boxes with things she can do/start on her own. She enjoyed the poetry, Bible time alone in her room and she is excited to start the story time with mommy tomorrow.

My 7 year old son (starting Beyond) enjoyed making motions to go along with the Bible memory verse. Since we were out of tape we were not able to make the earth on the floor, so we instead took out our markable map and labeled all the continents then practiced calling it the name of each continent and saying its name. We made it a race to see who could do it the fastest. W also drew the route that Magellan and Columbus took on their voyages.

My littlest one did not get to "do" much school today but we have a full school day planned tomorrow, a day without dr appointments or other interruptions so it should be a good day.

After looking through the guides I am excited and so far very pleased with what I see in the guides.

Thank you Carrie for writing the HOD guides!
Wife to hubby 13 years
Mama to:
Lady Bug 10 yrs CTC
Wild Thing 7 yrs BLHTH
Little Man 4 yrs LHTH

Our blog- http://learningthethreersathome.blogspot.com/

raceNzanesmom

Post by raceNzanesmom » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:46 am

Enjoy!
~Angie
Helpmeet to James for twenty six years
Mom to Race, 23- homeschool grad and Zane, 12- RTR

Homeschooln2qts

Post by Homeschooln2qts » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:08 pm

Soooo excited for you!!! :D :D :D
Miranda
DS (20) PHFHG, CtC, RtR, (skipped RevtoRev) MtMM, WG, WH, AHI, AHII; now a college sophomore
DD (17) Beyond, Bigger, PHFHG, (skipped CtC) RtR, RevtoRev, MtMM, WG, WH, AHI, now in AHII

https://theboobooandluluchronicles.wordpress.com/