Sneak Peeks for Revival to Revolution?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
SMiles

Sneak Peeks for Revival to Revolution?

Post by SMiles » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:47 am

Hi,
My ds is very excited about MTMM because I have been showing him the sneak peeks, but first he gets to enjoy Rev2Rev next year. I am wondering if there is a consolidated place for the sneak peeks from Rev2Rev that I can show him? :D

Thanks and have a blessed week,
Sherry
Sherry~Married to dh for 19 years!

DS14~Rev2Rev with extensions, Saxon math & Dithor~
DD12~CTC with extensions, Saxon math & Dithor~

We have used Beyond, Preparing, CTC, and RTR!!

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Sneak Peeks for Revival to Revolution?

Post by Carrie » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:53 pm

Sherry,

This is probably what you're looking for with Rev2Rev: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=7994

Blessings,
Carrie

momtofive

Post by momtofive » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:00 pm

I tried using the link Carrie provided and it said that I'm "not authorized to use this forum"?!?!? :?

Not sure why it's saying that, I'm logged in and post to threads fairly regularly. I'd like to find out more about this, too!

Help, anyone?

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:09 pm

Lisa,

I'm not sure why it is giving that message. I went in and reset the permissions, so if you get a chance to try it again and let me know if it works that would be great! 8) Is anyone else able to access the link? I'm trying to figure out where the issue might be.

Blessings,
Carrie

deltagal

Post by deltagal » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:10 pm

I can get the link. Try logging out and log back in. :D
With Joy!
Florence

My blog: http://florencebrooks.com/

Began HOD 1/2009
Currently using: Bigger, RTR, Rev to Rev and MTMM

SMiles

Post by SMiles » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:49 pm

Thanks, Carrie. I did try that link yesterday and received the same response so now I will try it again. I continued searching and was able to find one sneak peek on my own so I knew there must be more. My ds will be so happy! :D

Off to go check out the link!

Blessings,
Sherry
Sherry~Married to dh for 19 years!

DS14~Rev2Rev with extensions, Saxon math & Dithor~
DD12~CTC with extensions, Saxon math & Dithor~

We have used Beyond, Preparing, CTC, and RTR!!

momtofive

Post by momtofive » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:09 pm

Hi Carrie! Well, whatever you changed must have done the trick, because now the link works just fine! I wanted to get back on here and let you know that, but I had a little crisis in the meantime. After I initially posted about having trouble viewing the link, I decided I'd go to the user controls and see if there was anything that was selected wrong that would prevent me from connecting to the link. Somehow, and I still don't know how, I must have accidentally changed the background color! :shock: I know, I know, you have a sticky letting people know not to do that! :? Well, everything went hot pink and I couldn't even post to let you know that whatever you did worked! I emailed Mike right away and he quickly deleted my username and re-registered it for me! :D

I am so thankful that now I can post and let you know this, and now I can enjoy my HOD message board without that annoying pink background! :D I'm so thankful for this board and for the godly ladies that encourage one another here and share information to help one another. God is truly working here and in our homes each day as we use this wonderful curriculum! I just wanted to encourage you that all the hard work your family pours into HOD is being blessed by the Lord! Thank you for your service to Him!

My son is finishing up CTC this week and will be immediately starting RTR! He just loves HOD, as do the rest of us in the family! :D

Now, off to go read that link! :wink:
Lisa ~ Gal. 2:20, Prov. 3:5-6
Mom to five great blessings :)
Ds23 - Graduated from HOD!
Ds21 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd19 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd17 - US History 2
Dd16 - World History

Loving HOD since 2010!

mamas4bugs

Post by mamas4bugs » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:21 pm

momtofive,

Just popping in to say that my oldest son will soon be finishing up RTR, and he absolutely LOVED this year. He says it's even better than CTC. He will be entering high school next year, and I had originally thought I would need to look elsewhere because he's on the upper end of the age ranges, but he was adamant that he wanted to continue with HOD (so we'll be beefing up the next guides just a bit for high school credit), and I certainly couldn't find any reason to argue with that!

Anyway, all that just to share that you have an AWESOME year ahead of you. :D
Living the adventure, blessed to be schooling 3:
Cub 15 MTMM with extentions
Crawdad 11 Preparing
Taz 6 her own interesting mix

Have used and loved: LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
http://ourhomeschooltravelingzoo.blogspot.com/

momtofive

Post by momtofive » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:37 am

Mamas4bugs
Thanks for the insight and encouragement about RTR! :D After getting the guide a month or so ago, and getting it all ready and set up for him, I have to admit that I'm pretty excited about it myself. I've been reading all the books and am learning so much and enjoying them immensely! :wink:

We just love HOD and will definitely continue on with it for the rest of our homeschooling with all the kids! This is just the perfect way for them to learn and love learning! I only wish we could have found it sooner! :wink:
Lisa ~ Gal. 2:20, Prov. 3:5-6
Mom to five great blessings :)
Ds23 - Graduated from HOD!
Ds21 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd19 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd17 - US History 2
Dd16 - World History

Loving HOD since 2010!