HOD Sales or Promotions

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
edsnyder

HOD Sales or Promotions

Post by edsnyder » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:00 pm

Does HOD have sales or promotions anytime of the year? I am just trying to plan when to order my supplies for next year.

Thanks
Elisa help meet to my husband Luke of 12 years and mother of three awesome children:
ds9 - Bigger
ds6 - Beyond - Half Speed
dd3 - Little Hands -

edsnyder

Re: HOD Sales or Promotions

Post by edsnyder » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:40 pm

Not that I am complaining about the prices - its simply if I can save some it makes the deal even sweeter - ;) I hope this doesn't offend because that wasn't my intentions!

Thanks
Elisa help meet to my husband Luke of 12 years and mother of three awesome children:
ds9 - Bigger
dd3 - Little Hands -

ForHisGlory

Post by ForHisGlory » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:44 am

I didn't find this offensive, and I am sure that others didn't either! :wink:

If I am remembering correctly, Carrie and Mike (the owners of HOD) provided free shipping on orders over a certain amount (can't remember how much, $299?). That is the only "sale" of any sort I remember.

When I am purchasing good quality homeschool curriculum from great folks such as the HOD family, I find it a priviledge to buy books published AND printed in the good 'ol USA! :D Plus, when we are purchasing from HOD (or another family-based publisher such as HOD), we are sustaining our econony and their livlihood. Also, we must remember, when we spend for example $300 from HOD for our books and such, they aren't pocketing that entire amount. They had to pay for those books to begin with to be published, their overhead for their company and employees, etc. Just things to consider. :D
God Bless You,

Shannon

Wife to Josh
Momma to:
Ethan, with Jesus--Lived Matthew 7:12
Evan, 12

Proverbs 3:5-6
Matthew 7:12

http://www.wallacefamilyhomeschool.blogspot.com

edsnyder

Post by edsnyder » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:31 am

ForHisGlory wrote: When I am purchasing good quality homeschool curriculum from great folks such as the HOD family, I find it a priviledge to buy books published AND printed in the good 'ol USA! :D Plus, when we are purchasing from HOD (or another family-based publisher such as HOD), we are sustaining our econony and their livlihood. Also, we must remember, when we spend for example $300 from HOD for our books and such, they aren't pocketing that entire amount. They had to pay for those books to begin with to be published, their overhead for their company and employees, etc. Just things to consider. :D

I completely agree! I will buy from HOD regardless - I just didn't know if there was anything - I didn't want to miss out :) I love sales and honestly I don't feel like HOD prices are unreasonable at all in fact they are very affordable. So I wasn't complaining about the prices at all. I already have the list of everything that I need and can't wait until I can order but it probably won't be until June after we do harvest. I can't wait to get the stuff in for Bigger and Little Hands I am itchy to go through it all and get started - I guess I should slow down we need to finish Little Hearts and Beyond first - I am even going to change up a couple of the books in the storytime for Beyond just because the one moving up sat in on a couple of the stories.

I am still kicking myself last summer for not buying HOD when we started - ended up buying other curriculum and kicking myself later :oops: then came back and bought HOD :) and as long as I can I will be staying with HOD :D
ds9 - Bigger
dd3 - Little Hands -

deltagal

Post by deltagal » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:48 pm

I'm not 100% positive I'm remembering this correctly, but I believe in the past when they've sent out the April promo. they have a "deal" if you purchase by a certain date.
With Joy!
Florence

My blog: http://florencebrooks.com/

Began HOD 1/2009
Currently using: Bigger, RTR, Rev to Rev and MTMM

8arrows

Post by 8arrows » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:12 pm

I think there will be a pre-order special on the new program--REV to REV. I don't think you offended anyone. Some companies have special deals special months, but I personally like the fact that the substitution policies and free shipping over a certain amount are good all year round. I already have my books for next year, and I have had a lot of fun looking through them. I ordered REV to REV and consumables for CTC. I will enjoy looking through the new program though, since we will be using it the following year. Part of the reason I went ahead and ordered is so that I would not be tempted by MTM. I know I have my children placed well for next year, so I don't want to be tempted!!!!!!!
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:19 pm

I think this was a nice question, and I agree with what the others answered here! :D Other than the deal on the new guide each year, I think the best deals are the ones HOD offers daily, which would be the package savings, the substitutions you can make to still receive the great package savings, and the reduced/free shipping. :D Good question, and thanks for planning to order from HOD! That keeps them going and able to keep writing a guide each year. :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie