Loving Little Hands to Heaven!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
ltatum

Loving Little Hands to Heaven!

Post by ltatum » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:07 am

Hello ladies!

In January I wrote a post asking whether I should go ahead and start LHTH with my 3.5 year old, even though I was (still am!) in the 3rd trimester of my pregnancy, or wait until after my daughter was born in early April & when life had adjusted to a 'new normal'. After the encouragement I received from that post, I went ahead and began LHTH (instead of trying a different preschool curriculum), and I just wanted to say -- I am SO thankful I went ahead and began LHTH! We do 2-3 days a week, and we are 10 weeks in. Tomorrow we will finish unit 5.

Even though I am so tired from this pregnancy, with a preschooler and a toddler home with me all day, LHTH has been SO easy for me to do with my oldest! I have not felt overwhelmed at all using LHTH, even though this is my first attempt at 'homeschooling.' Every week, my love for this curriculum grows -- as well as my excitement to continue using HoD guides as my girlies get older! My daughter also loves our school time, and on our non-school days, she even pretends with her younger sister that they are having school (mimicing some of the LHTH activities).

Heart of Dakota, as well as this board (where I have loved soaking up all the godly wisdom here!!), has been such a blessing to our family! I have even shared about LHTH with many of my momma friends, who have children the same age as mine & who are interested in beginning homeschooling.

I just wanted to share my experience so far!

Thanking God for this Christ-centered homeschool curriculum,
Lacy

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Loving Little Hands to Heaven!

Post by Carrie » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:11 pm

Oh! I'm so glad to hear this! 8) Thanks so much for the update. We have loved LHTH at our house too. :D We pray the Lord may continue to richly bless your time spent with LHTH! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:58 pm

This was so great to read, Lacy! :D I'm glad your dd is loving LHTH, and I pray you have a good rest of your pregnancy. I did LHTH on total bedrest with one of my dc, and we both still loved it. I wouldn't start my homeschooling in any other way. Keep on enjoying your LHTH days with your sweetie, and thank you for sharing with us here!!! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

moedertje

Post by moedertje » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:30 pm

Lacy,

I am so glad the Lord let you to do LHTH with you little one! This is my 3rd time around don't LHTH and I have loved it more and more each time I have used it! My little girl has wanted to bring her school books on vacation and we actually got a whole unit done with no problem during our summer get away! :D :D :D
HOD has been a blessing to our homeschool and I am thankful that the Lord let me to it from day 1 of homeschooling! :D
Success!
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

simplejoys

Post by simplejoys » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:23 am

That is great to hear! It is easy to use and time well spent, we love it here too. Even on our busiest days it's easy to set aside 20 minutes and do our "school".

Good luck on your newest impending arrival :)

LHayes723

Post by LHayes723 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:06 pm

Lacy has helped me so much sharing her experience and helpful links to read from these boards! And so my journey begins! I ordered Little Hands to Heaven and am excited for its arrival!! My oldest turns four in April and I am hoping this will be a perfect fit for us! God has recently convinced me to homeschool. I was at 90% for so long and it was like a switch turned in my heart and now I am very excited to get started. The fact that this curriculum is so easy to use gave me the convidence to get started now. Looking forward to getting it in the mail! Thanks again Lacy for all your help!!

Christ is All,
Laura

acts29stl

Post by acts29stl » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:58 pm

I give a :D for LHTH too!!! It's still fun the third time around and I get to look forward to doing it another 3xs!! Enjoy every moment, and congratulations and health on another pregnancy :D
Psalm 27:4 "One thing I desire of the Lord, that will I seek; that I may behold the beauty of the Lord and meditate in His temple."
ds(13)& dd(12) MTMM, DITHOR
ds(10) CTC, DITHOR
ds(9) PHFHG, DITHOR
ds(7) LHFHG
dd(5) LHTH
dd(4) LHTH
dd(2)
dd(10-3-15)