Question about conventions

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mom2fiveboysnc

Question about conventions

Post by mom2fiveboysnc » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:39 pm

I will be attending the Teach Them Diligently convention next week in SC. Will the books for the upcoming guide be available to look through? I know the guide itself probably won't but I was just wondering about the spines and other books in the program. Also, I know it's probably been posted before but will all the components of each program be available to buy? Also, will the substitution policy be in place for conventions also? Sorry for so many questions but this is my first time going to a convention and I'm so excited to finally be able to meet Carrie and Julie!
mom2fiveboysnc
C 23 engaged
J 21 cc
K 18 farm
E 14 CTC, EIW, Yr 2 Rainbow/Landry labs, co-op: math, spanish & ancient lit; Landry Academy airpower hx & science
B 10 PHFHG, EIW, SM/MM, co-op: NC hx, science, art, OT/Ancient Egypt history

pjdobro

Re: Question about conventions

Post by pjdobro » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:58 pm

Typically the books for each of the guides will be available to look through and purchase. There is usually at least a sample or part of the new guide to look at as well. I'm pretty for sure all of the package deals including the substitutions would be in place as well. It's a great opportunity to see all of the materials and get any questions you might have answered plus you can purchase everything without shipping costs and many times take them home with you that day! I miss having HOD at our NC conference. Of course the best part of all is getting to talk with Julie and Carrie! You are in for a great time. :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

my3sons

Re: Question about conventions

Post by my3sons » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:05 pm

You ladies are so gracious! :D We will look forward to meeting you as well. :D We will have almost all of the books for "Missions to Modern Marvels", but there are some that we are still waiting on or that are in revisions. The great majority of the books will be there. It will be great to meet you! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie