History Stories for Children in LHFHG. Wrong page numbers?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
sarahwalker143

History Stories for Children in LHFHG. Wrong page numbers?

Post by sarahwalker143 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:50 am

We're almost finished with LHFHG with our DD 6. I suppose I should have looked into this earlier since we only have 10 days of school left, but the page numbers listed in the guide for the reading selections from History Stories for Children are all incorrect. Each day we read from History Stories for Children, I just have to thumb through the book until I find the correct page. It's not that big of a deal, but since we'll be using the guide again in the future for our younger children, I'd prefer to have this situation corrected. Does anyone know if the page numbers in the guide correspond to an older edition of the History Stories for Children book? I ordered everything in 2010.

Thanks,
Sarah
Mom to 5 children 10 and under (and one on the way) using CTC, BHFHG, and BLHFHG

kristin0713

Re: History Stories for Children in LHFHG. Wrong page number

Post by kristin0713 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:14 am

I noticed the same thing, but I don't have an answer.

MomtoJGJE

Post by MomtoJGJE » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:29 am

I noticed it last year, and went through and wrote the correct page numbers..... then when I was getting ready to start LHFHG with Julianna I noticed that there was an alternate schedule for History Stories for Children. It's in the beginning of the guide instead of the appendix. Right after the Learning the Basics concepts.

KristinBeth

Post by KristinBeth » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:03 am

Yep, it's in the beginning. The ones in the guide are for an old edition of the book, but now HOD is selling the latest version of History Stories. I just went through and wrote the page numbers where they belong in the guide, so I wouldn't have to keep flipping back and forth.

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:37 pm

"History Stories for Children" is not published by HOD. When it went into a revision and was reprinted, the page numbers were different in the reprint. When HOD needed to begin carrying the reprinted "History Stories for Children", HOD provided a revised schedule for the new edition of "History Stories for Children" within the LHFHG guide, right at the front, as well as on the HOD website. The 2011 LHFHG edition has the new page numbers for the new page numbers in the "History Stories for Children" within the daily plans. I used the page numbers in the front of the older LHFHG edition. I copied the single page from the front of the guide and put it in my "History Stories for Children" book. It was easy to just glance at that when I pulled out my book and check them off as I went. It worked well - HTH!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie