DITHR: New Book Packs Coming for 7/8...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Carrie
Site Admin

DITHR: New Book Packs Coming for 7/8...

Post by Carrie » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:17 pm

Ladies,

I just wanted to mention that we will have two new book packs coming out for DITHR in the new catalog! :D There will be a new Girl Pack for 7/8 and a new Boy Pack for 7/8. :D What a terrific grade level, and a highly impressionable level, for which to be choosing books! :D We hope your children will enjoy the mix of books in the packs and that the discussions of these books through DITHR will help your children learn to read with moral discernment. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

leeannpal

Re: DITHR: New Book Packs Coming for 7/8...

Post by leeannpal » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:41 pm

I love the look of the book packs! My daughter wants the boy, girl and history interest for grades 4/5 :)
Lee Ann

andreamichele13

Post by andreamichele13 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:22 pm

When can we expect the new catalog???? :) I'm so excited!
ds, age 14
ds, age 8
dd, age 6
one on the way in September 2014!

mommyofmany

Post by mommyofmany » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:41 pm

I could be wrong, but I think the catalog usually gets mailed out in April. I'm sure someone more experienced will chime in too :wink:
Blessings,
Emily

Mama to:
Michael 25 College Grad!
Abbey 22 College Grad!
Cole 15
Matthew 14 (Down syndrome & Autism)
Anna 11 (Autism)
Josie 9
Katie 7

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:40 pm

Carrie,
I am so excited about the DITHOR 7/8 Book Packs!!! :D :D :D I have 3 boys, but you can bet I'll be getting both the boy and the girl packs. The other day I went to Barnes and Noble, and then to Crossroads, to try to find some new free reading materials for my oldest ds, Wyatt. Guess how many books I bought? Zero. Yikes! I could not find anything. I was being picky, but not super picky. :? The ones I liked we owned, and most of them were your book picks used somewhere within HOD. You have taken on a seemingly insurmountable task - your poor eyes must be aching! :shock: I do not know how you do it - you have such a God-given talent for finding the diamonds in the rough. I know there are going to be more and more grown up things in more and more grown up books. So, I am not expecting perfection, but I can tell you from my searches as of late, I am SO GLAD you are putting these book packs together! It is a major stress reliever for me. Wyatt is highly anticipating the new book packs too! We can't wait - thanks for all of your hard work - and the countless hours of reading to find the best books for our dc! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

mamas4bugs

Post by mamas4bugs » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:53 pm

Agreeing with Julie--it is sooo hard to find decent free reading material! We love the book pack choices, and pick from all of them, not just the boy ones. Can't wait to see what's in the new levels! :)
Living the adventure, blessed to be schooling 3:
Cub 15 MTMM with extentions
Crawdad 11 Preparing
Taz 6 her own interesting mix

Have used and loved: LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
http://ourhomeschooltravelingzoo.blogspot.com/

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:08 pm

Yay!!!! :)
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.

Homeschooling6

Post by Homeschooling6 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:58 am

Can't wait to see :shock: . We've exhausted Half Price Books. All that are left to pick from are the goofy books like The Babysitters Club, Sweet Valley and lots of vampire books. I'm surprised at some of the choices when I read the titles.
Linda
ds16~WG and now WH
dd.15~RtR, MTMM, and now WG
ds.14~ PH, CTC, and now MtMM
ds.13~ PH, CTC, and now Rev2Rev
ds.11 ~Bigger, and now CtC
ds.10 ~ Preparing

http://www.homeschooling6.com

beverett

Post by beverett » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:19 pm

Yayyyyyy!!! :D :D :D Carrie, Thank you SO much for the blessing that you and your family are to so many others!! I realized last year that like Julie is saying it was so frustrating searching shelves for books (especially the library :? ,not that it is bad to go to the library...) to only walk away empty handed. You are amazing!! The task set before you is a duanting one at best... but you have done it so well and with much dedication! I LOVE every one of our choices and do not know how you do it!

Lord we praise you and thank you today for the Austin family! I pray that You would bless their efforts for your kingdom and that the seeds they have sown would produce fruit for your kingdom, thirty, sixty and some hundred fold. Lord you have said in your Word "them that honor ME, I will honor". They have honored you greatly in their life choices and we can see that openly because it is woven into this beautiful curriculum and in person when speaking or meeting with each of them. Please honor them and bless them... please return any lost time for their family. Give them rest and fill their home with Your peace, love and joy. Give them strength to stand when they are weak and prepare them for the up coming travel season. I pray that You would bless their marriage and that each of their sons would be mighty men of GOD and that they would be salt and light in this dark world!!! We thank you Lord for HOD and the blessing it is to our family and to countless others whom You have led here! Your are so good to us!! In Jesus' name we pray, Amen

Carrie, thank you for all that you do! I am super excited to check out the new book packs!! :D :D
Brandi
Blessed with an amazing hubby and6 beautiful boys
DS-graduated!
DS-8th Rev to Rev
DS-6th RTR
DS-3rd Bigger
DS- 5yo LHTH

DS- 1yo future HODie

aprilmd

Post by aprilmd » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:32 pm

AMEN!
April - BHFHG, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, MTMM, WG & now WORLD HIST
2014-2015
DD 16- World Hist, Chemistry, R&S Eng. 7, Saxon Adv Math
DD 15- World Hist, Bio, R&S Eng. 7, Saxon Adv Math
DD 13- MTMM/ext, finish R&S Eng. 6, Saxon Alg 1

HappyMama

Post by HappyMama » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:08 pm

Yay! Thanks Carrie!! :)

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:46 pm

Hooray! I am so glad that you are excited about the book packs. :D I must admit that I wavered on whether it was wise to spend the amount of time I knew it would take to read, ponder, and pick these books (as time is at such a premium here). :D However, I determined that I cannot be the only one who really appreciates having these book packs, as I truly use them with my own children. It saves me much time during the year and results in better reading material for my kiddos. So, I'm thankful it's done too! :D

Blessings,
Carrie