dithor books

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
hollyh

dithor books

Post by hollyh » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:37 pm

Just wondering if most people use the suggested list of Dithor books or select others in that genre to read through?

tjneary99

Re: dithor books

Post by tjneary99 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:49 pm

Yes, we use the suggested books or books from HOD's book list so far. You can sub in other titles if you prefer. So far, the kids have been very happy with the book suggestions--though my daughter prefers the 'boy' list sometimes so we switch back and forth between the various lists, and we pick out books together sometimes. I also have a basket of books I have picked up that they read for fun, and I usually keep books on the history and science topics we are doing in there and rotate that way.
"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."
Colossians 3:17[/color]

mamayi

Post by mamayi » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:05 pm

We use the DITHOR book packs and have been very satisfied with them! It's nice to know that each book will fit nicely into the DITHOR plans for its particular genre study.
Marine Wife for 14 years
Mother to
DS 07/02 Preparing
DD 04/04 Preparing
DD 07/06 LHFHG
DS 09/09 Playing
DD 05/12 Joining the party!

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:36 pm

We also have used the DITHOR book packs and loved them! They continue to be some of our very favorite books of all-time. I especially am thankful for the DITHOR book packs as my dc get older and mature more. It is sooooooooo hard to find good reading material for older dc. One would think it becomes easier, but I think it becomes harder. I have a difficult time finding books to let my dc just free read for enjoyment. I am so incredibly thankful for HOD's book packs for older ages. I am looking forward to using the new DITHOR pack this fall! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

creekmama

Post by creekmama » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:56 am

This is our first year with DITHOR, and we are using a book pack. So far we are loving it. I think we'll just continue to use the packs. Carrie selects great books!
Kelley
Peter (12, Res to Ref)
Betsy (9, Preparing)