How do you use DITHOR?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Blessed with seven

How do you use DITHOR?

Post by Blessed with seven » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:21 pm

I am trying to decide if this is "doable" for us? I am considering Progeny Press Guides or DITHOR. Now...the thing I like about PP is that they have the comprehension questions for you? At a time in my life when I am trying to simplify, this sounds good. However...I don't know. I feel sort of lost in looking at the samples, to be honest. This is an area of weakness for me though...anything Literature, Language Arts...

Am I supposed to read the books also so we can have discussions? How would I know what questions to ask if I don't read the books? Just curious as to how this works exactly. Does the main TE book tell me what all to do and what everything means?

Thanks for any and all help!

Kim (homeschooling mom of 7)

FINALLY DECIDED to use Preparing and LHTH so...

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: How do you use DITHOR?

Post by Carrie » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:25 pm

Blessedwithseven,

I'll just move this post over to the Main Board where more moms will see it. :D At HOD, all new posts begin on the Main Board. :D I am just heading off the board, but I'm sure some of the helpful moms on the board will be along to answer your questions. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

blessedmomof4

Re: How do you use DITHOR?

Post by blessedmomof4 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:45 am

This thread may be of help:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11159
I will also add that you definitely need both the teacher's manual and the student workbooks-the manual does walk you through what to do each day of the genre youare studying :)
Lourdes
Wife to Danforth
2 grads 9/19/92,7/8/95
2 in charter school 1/31/98, 9/19/99
3 in Heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, 9/13/13
Future HODie is here! 9/14/12