Please check out my weekly update - things are BETTER!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Heidi in AK

Please check out my weekly update - things are BETTER!

Post by Heidi in AK » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:23 pm

As far as the weekly update goes, living in Alaska is interesting because by the time we've finished school, you all have posted and commented on each others' progress, and when I am able to post, I wonder if people are reading the thread anymore. ;)

Please check my update out though. Nothing short of divine intervention has radically impacted our homeschool. AMAZING GOD we serve!!!

My link is here:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11135#p81151

It is so fun reading everyone's updates! Julie, thanks for taking the time to post SO MANY pictures and so many detailed updates! I recently heard that a homeschool mom's blog is like her portfolio. :) I think that way for our "weekly check-in!"
Heidi
loving teaching my rewards!!!
Girlie (dd7) - Beyond, 4 days/week
Boy-o (ds4), LHTH, along for the ride!!! (all boy, whatever he can get his hands on, FULL OF ENERGY!)
Psalm 78:3-7

http://heidihovan.blogspot.com

KristinBeth

Re: Please check out my weekly update - things are BETTER!

Post by KristinBeth » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:58 am

That's very exciting, Heidi! Congrats! :D

mommyofmany

Post by mommyofmany » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:45 am

That is so awesome that you guys had a great week and were able to finish everything!! We did about half of LHFHG with Colton for K and I remember the feeling of overwhelm, thinking "are we EVER going to be able to do this as written!" He's a perfectionist too, and would get frustrated if things weren't going exactly the way he wanted them to (he also has ADHD & high functioning autism). Oh, how the days would drag on and everyone would end up in tears! Maybe the Lord allows us to get to those places to grow us in our need for His strength and grace alone. Anyway, I just wanted to give you a BIG pat on the back and say, "Way to go for persevering!!!" This is certainly not an easy task the Lord has placed on our hearts, but a worthy one to be sure!

Also, I know what you mean about the time difference in regards to posting. We live in CA and I've had the same thing happen on another hsing forum when many other members live on the other side of the US. I posted a "Re-Intro" on here but it's kind of gotten lost at the bottom of the page, lol.

I hope that next week goes just as well!!! :D
Blessings,
Emily

Mama to:
Michael 25 College Grad!
Abbey 22 College Grad!
Cole 15
Matthew 14 (Down syndrome & Autism)
Anna 11 (Autism)
Josie 9
Katie 7

Heather4Him

Post by Heather4Him » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:35 pm

Sounds like things are really starting to go well! So happy for you all!! :)
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM

Heidi in AK

Post by Heidi in AK » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:10 pm

Thanks, everyone! My favorite is the check sheet. We even did the RH side today before heading out of town, and I feel better knowing where we stand for the week. It's a different place here. :D
Heidi
loving teaching my rewards!!!
Girlie (dd7) - Beyond, 4 days/week
Boy-o (ds4), LHTH, along for the ride!!! (all boy, whatever he can get his hands on, FULL OF ENERGY!)
Psalm 78:3-7

http://heidihovan.blogspot.com

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:32 pm

Heidi,

I'm so glad to hear it! :D Thanks for the update! :D

Blessings,
Carrie