Week 20 and LOVING it!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
JoyinIndo

Week 20 and LOVING it!

Post by JoyinIndo » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:08 pm

I have not visited these forums for several months because I have been trying to limit Internet time, but I HAD to pop in to say just HOW thankful I am for HOD.
We are on week 20 with a 4th grade dd and a 5th grade ds doing CTC and a 2nd grade ds doing Beyond {with 4 yo twins tagging along}.
We are all LOVING it. I don't even know where to start. I actually cried on Friday looking back over the older two's history notebooks. They are beautiful and I can't believe how much they have done! The kids look forward to school, the read alouds are just wonderful, Diana Waring is amazing, Draw and Write through History is incredible, the history projects are tons of fun {we just ran a mile from the History project in Ancient Greece}, the science experiments are simple yet memorable, poetry is beautiful, DITHOR is so thorough, I could go on and on and on!!
Honestly, I really can't say enough good about HOD. It has been the perfect fit for our family and such a blessing from the Lord. Thank you Carrie, so much, for such a well thought out program!
You know you have a winner when you are only in week 20 and you are already poring over the catalog for next year!
Thank you!!

John'smom

Re: Week 20 and LOVING it!

Post by John'smom » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:58 pm

Joy, what a blessing to hear!!!! I remember praying that your boxes would even get to you. Just wanted to say Amen to everything that you said. We love HOD too!!!
Edwena
*Married to my best friend for 16 yrs
*Mom to ds (15), dd (13), dd #2(3)
*Combining my dc in WG (2017-2018)
*Completed and absolutely loved BLHFHG through MTMM

tjneary99

Post by tjneary99 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:28 pm

Praise the Lord! :D
"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."
Colossians 3:17[/color]

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:10 am

Joy,

I'm praising the Lord with you tonight! :D You are quite a ways into CTC and Beyond, so this is truly a reason to celebrate! :D The Lord knows just what each of us needs, and your timing in posting is perfect. :D I was just in need of some encouragement this very evening. :D

I am so glad that you are having a good year. May the Lord richly bless the remainder of your time spent homeschooling this year! :D

Thanks again for taking time out of your busy schedule to share. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

wonderfilled

Post by wonderfilled » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:29 am

Congratulations Joy. Isn't it great to love school so much? I have two children in CTC and one in Beyond and we are just several weeks ahead of you. This year has been great and we have never enjoyed school as much as we have this year.
Enjoying Heart of Dakota for our fifth year using:
Ds15- World History
Ds13-MtM
Ds11- RtR
Ds7- Bigger Hearts
http://wonderfilleddays.com

momtofive

Post by momtofive » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:52 am

Thanks so much for posting this Joy! :wink:

We, too are quite a ways through CTC and we are all LOVING it! My oldest is about 24 units in. He remarks all the time about how much he LOVES school. He really loves it! I've never heard him so happy about his curriculum until we found HOD! I am also pouring over the catalog for next years supplies, and getting so excited!

My heart is full as I read your post, because that same thing is true in our house as well! Thanks Carrie for giving your heart to the Lord and allowing Him to work through you in this beautiful curriculum!!! :D

wonderfilled

Post by wonderfilled » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:58 am

Joy, I just wanted to add that you are right about the CTC history notebooks being beautiful. I love looking through them and seeing what my boys have done. And the pictures they have drawn so far for Draw and Write Through History are incredible.

And, momtofive, I've looked through the catalog, too, and RTR looks like so much fun! :D
Ds15- World History
Ds13-MtM
Ds11- RtR
Ds7- Bigger Hearts

birchbark

Post by birchbark » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:36 pm

This is so great to hear, Joy! And did you see the new discount that's available?
Married to a wonderful man since 1995
DS
DS
DD
DS

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:03 pm

I have been wondering how you have been, and this was wonderful to read! :D CTC's Notebooking pages are a beautiful "home" for all of the neat work dc do that year. I am so glad you are having a terrific year!!! Thanks for the update! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

JoyinIndo

Post by JoyinIndo » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:18 pm

Thank you for all your kind responses. I am SOO glad that I encouraged you Carrie! What a blessing to hear!

I am thrilled to have so many other like minded women here to share the excitement with me! I'm so glad it is going well for so may others as well.
Now, off to read Archimedes! :)
Blessings to you all today!!

wonderfilled

Post by wonderfilled » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:51 am

Have fun with Archimedes. My boys loved him! Even the seven year old listened in and they kept begging me to read more. I think they convinced me to read the chapter on the war machines a day ahead of time. :D
Ds15- World History
Ds13-MtM
Ds11- RtR
Ds7- Bigger Hearts