SO excited and thankful for HOD

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
blessedwith2

SO excited and thankful for HOD

Post by blessedwith2 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:01 am

I just wanted to share my excitement about the increase in homeschooling families (new and veteran) in our area that are choosing HOD for their curriculum next year! It is such a blessing to see families choosing a truly Christ-centered curriculum and to see all the God-honoring fruit of using this curriculum.

Ladies, I want to encourage you to share your experiences with those in your social circles, whether it be through venues like Facebook or face-to-face. I truly believe that sharing our positive experiences with HOD is what makes non-homeschooling families less afraid to make the jump to a homeschooling way of life. I can see how God is using HOD to not only transition families into homeschooling from traditional schooling, but also to guide them in having a successful experience from the beginning, minus the struggles that many of us experienced before finding HOD!

I can't sing the praises of HOD enough for being so wonderfully written as is, yet also having the flexibility to adjust the speed and methods of completion (i.e. written versus verbal exercises in Rod and Staff) to fit most any child's needs, whether they are "typically developing" or have special needs. I have yet to hear of any other curriculum that even comes close. So, thank you, Carrie and Julie, for all you have done to follow God's call to use your talents for His kingdom. Thank you also to Mike and all of the boys for what they do to provide excellent customer service and speedy shipping! :)

I look forward to seeing you in Florida again this year!

Sincerely,
Delia
Delia

DD8 - BLHFHG(left side); BHFHG(right side)
DD4 - LHTH
DS2- tagging along for LHTH; climbing on everything!

andreamichele13

Re: SO excited and thankful for HOD

Post by andreamichele13 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:11 am

Delia,

I have to echo what you have said, even though I have yet to formally begin HOD. I have some of the curriculum (waiting on finances to purchase the rest), and I just CANNOT wait to start. I am on the message board everyday, reading, and always perusing through my HOD catalog. I just know God led me to use HOD because of some of the struggles going on in our household right now. I am looking forward to being a less stressed-out homeschool mom, and I am anticipating all the ways I can watch my children as they learn EVEN MORE about God, His role in history, and His role in their lives! I am so thankful there is a curriculum out there that is not only highly educational, but also focused on Biblical character training in children!

AND, I have been telling ALL my homeschool friends about my HOD "find"!!!!! I share the catalog all the time with them and just talk about it all the time at church and in my circle. :)

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrea
ds, age 14
ds, age 8
dd, age 6
one on the way in September 2014!

tjneary99

Post by tjneary99 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:02 pm

Yes, I have been doing the same, as I believe this curriculum is a gift and a blessing that we are truly thankful for.
"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."
Colossians 3:17[/color]

andreamichele13

Post by andreamichele13 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:29 am

YES!!!!! Just converted someone over to HOD last night!!!!! She's totally switching her dd over this year!!!!! :)
ds, age 14
ds, age 8
dd, age 6
one on the way in September 2014!

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:52 am

Thank you so much, Delia! :D This was such an encouragement to read today. We continue to pray the Lord will lead those He wants to do HOD to do it, and you are all helping with this by reaching out to others. We appreciate it so much! May God continue to work in the hearts of those He wants to bring to HOD, and may we all continue to be an encouragement to them when He brings them. :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:02 am

Delia,

Thanks so much for taking time to share your thoughts! :D Your post blessed my heart beyond measure tonight. :D It is so gracious of you to share HOD with others. That is a true compliment indeed.

We continually pray that the Lord may bring those to HOD who may be blessed by what we have to offer. So, you are an answer to prayer! :D

Blessings,
Carrie