Loving HOD Res to Ref and Prep, and a little update on me

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
lovetobehome

Loving HOD Res to Ref and Prep, and a little update on me

Post by lovetobehome » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:16 pm

It has been many months since I have been on the board, and i just came back to get a sneak peek at the new guide! We have been happily studying our way through Res to Ref for my almost 12 yo, and Preparing for my 9yo. So pleased with HOD! HOD is so well organized, balanced, and just wonderful in every way.
I thought I would write a brief note to those who might remember my struggle this summer with mothering, homeschooling, and things in general. Looking back, it is easy to see that I was depressed, and my feelings of discouragement with homeschooling and parenting were because of that. At the time, I didn't realize it. Many of you encouraged me with scripture and helpful advice, and I cannot tell you how much I clung to those things and how many times I came back to reread your posts. Those scriptures are hanging in my kitchen.I can see now that my thought processes were so abnormal, but I didn't understand what was going on until I came through.
I started running in September, and it made all the difference in the world. My depression is gone, all from just getting regular exercise. This isn't meant to be a commercial for health, but I just wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate you, and I wanted to let Carrie and Julie know we are thriving with HOD (because they both spent a heap of time helping me at our convention and I will never ever forget that!), and for anyone who wondered if I kept homeschooling or how we were doing, I just wanted to let you know that thanks be to God, I am well and doing just awesome!
Lastly, I want to thank Carrie for keeping this board so friendly and supportive. It makes a huge difference. The feeling of community and togetherness of purpose to serve the Lord here is not duplicated anywhere else. It feels kinda like home. :D Thanks, everyone!
DS 11 Finished CtoC! Moving on to RtoR!
DD 9 Preparing- Hoping to give her the best year possible, and sticking to the guide as written!
DS 4 All About Reading, R&S preschool workbooks, maybe some Little Hands

Mom2Monkeys

Re: Loving HOD Res to Ref and Prep, and a little update on m

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:42 am

So happy to hear your good news. Thanks for an update :) It's personally encouraging for me to hear!
~~Tamara~~
Enjoying HOD since 2008

DD15 long-time HODie finding her own new path
DS12 PHFHG {dysgraphia, APD, SID}
DS9 PHFHG
DS6 LHFHG
DD new nursling