Husband Took Kids to Public School!!!!!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
happy@home

Husband Took Kids to Public School!!!!!!

Post by happy@home » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:51 am

Please be much in prayer for my family ladies. I won't give many marital details, but my husband took our kids to public school Tuesday and Wednesday to let them visit! :( :cry: They are both now begging to attend public school. He had them tested in an effort to prove that I am doing a poor job of teaching them. He said he was going to report me to the board of education. There are a lot of other things going on. My children and I are in a safe place now. It will now be up to the courts as to whether I will be permitted to continue to homeschool them. Please, please, please pray for us.
Happy@home
ds(10/02) dd(3/04) BHFHG
We have completed: LHFHG & BLHFHG

"For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me and guide me."

Heart_Mom

Re: Husband Took Kids to Public School!!!!!!

Post by Heart_Mom » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:18 am

happy@home wrote:Please be much in prayer for my family ladies. I won't give many marital details, but my husband took our kids to public school Tuesday and Wednesday to let them visit! :( :cry: They are both now begging to attend public school. He had them tested in an effort to prove that I am doing a poor job of teaching them. He said he was going to report me to the board of education. There are a lot of other things going on. My children and I are in a safe place now. It will now be up to the courts as to whether I will be permitted to continue to homeschool them. Please, please, please pray for us.
Oh, my! I am praying for you. I will pray for peace, strength, and wisdom for you and also that your husband's heart will be changed radically by the LORD. I will pray that you will be able to continue to homeschool.
Blessings,
Elisabeth

ds - 17
dd - 14
dd - 12
ds - 9
dd - 5 (Little Hearts for His Glory)

Proverbs 4:23 "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."

Molly

Post by Molly » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:25 am

Praying for peace and wisdom for you during this time. Hang in there.
Michelle, Mum homeschooling four beauties in NZ
DD1 (13): Rev2Rev, DITHR
DD2 (11): CTC, DITHR
DS1 (8): BHFHG
DS2 (4): LHTH

Tracee

Post by Tracee » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:59 am

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I will be praying for you guys. ((((((((HUGS)))))))

Tracy
DS 12
DD 10/DS 10

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:51 pm

I'm so sad to hear this! :( Are you a member of HSLDA? If not, you may want to join. They are excellent about defending homeschooling rights. I am praying for you, your dh, and your dc. I am glad you are safe. Keep your courage and hopes up in the Lord!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

blessedmomof4

Post by blessedmomof4 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:17 pm

I am so sorry! My family and I will be praying for you all!
Lourdes
Wife to Danforth
2 grads 9/19/92,7/8/95
2 in charter school 1/31/98, 9/19/99
3 in Heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, 9/13/13
Future HODie is here! 9/14/12

Heart_Mom

Post by Heart_Mom » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:24 pm

my3sons wrote:I'm so sad to hear this! :( Are you a member of HSLDA? If not, you may want to join. They are excellent about defending homeschooling rights. I am praying for you, your dh, and your dc. I am glad you are safe. Keep your courage and hopes up in the Lord!

In Christ,
Julie
Yes! That's a great thought, Julie! HSLDA would be very helpful in your situation.
Blessings,
Elisabeth

ds - 17
dd - 14
dd - 12
ds - 9
dd - 5 (Little Hearts for His Glory)

Proverbs 4:23 "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."

Heather4Him

Post by Heather4Him » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:37 pm

SO so sorry you are going through all this! You and your family are in my prayers. ((((hugs))))
And I agree with the suggestions of contacting HSLDA. They should be able to help advise you.
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM

countrymom

Post by countrymom » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:38 pm

I'll be praying hard for you family.
Countrymom
Wife to J
Big J - LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, Rev to Rev, Modern Missions, beginning parts of World Geography
Little J - LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, working in CTC

happy@home

Post by happy@home » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:45 pm

Thank you all so much for your encouragement and prayers! There has been so much that has happened in the last few weeks that my head is spinning. No I am not a member of HSLDA. The other huge problem now is that my dc are begging to go to public school. Their father told them if I wouldn't take them to school they were to refuse to do any school with me at home. He told them to not so much as write their name on a piece of paper. My dd told me, "You always say to obey your parents." They have been so traumatized in the last few weeks they really don't know what to do. They now are crying wanting to see their new "friends."

My dh told the children to tell the judge they want to go to public school. He promised to buy them a 4-wheeler and a horse!
Happy@home
ds(10/02) dd(3/04) BHFHG
We have completed: LHFHG & BLHFHG

"For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me and guide me."

Mumkins

Post by Mumkins » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:10 pm

Wow... I'm so sorry. Many prayers.
7 awesome kids!

2 graduated
2 at highschool
3 coming home to homeschool in the fall💕
DD5 LHFHG
DS9 Preparing
DS12 RTR

We’ve enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Preparing, CTC, WG

3sweeties

Post by 3sweeties » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:13 pm

I am so sorry you are going through this! :( Praying for you and your sweet children and that God will soften your husband's heart. (((HUGS)))
Jessica~married to my sweetie for 21 years!
[DS17]~U.S. HISTORY 2~2019-20
[DS14]-World Geography~2019-20
[DD12]~ RTR, DITHOR 6-8~2019-20
[DS9]~Bigger~2019-20
Enjoyed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, MTMM, WORLD GEOG, WORLD HIST, US HIST 1~LOVING HOD!

Heidi in AK

Post by Heidi in AK » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:55 pm

Oh no, I'm so sorry! :( I will be praying for all you are facing. :(
Heidi
loving teaching my rewards!!!
Girlie (dd7) - Beyond, 4 days/week
Boy-o (ds4), LHTH, along for the ride!!! (all boy, whatever he can get his hands on, FULL OF ENERGY!)
Psalm 78:3-7

http://heidihovan.blogspot.com

LovingJesus

Post by LovingJesus » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:10 pm

Praying for you... I am so sorry for what you are going through.

KristinBeth

Post by KristinBeth » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:28 pm

I am sorry you are going through this awful trial. :cry: Praying for you and yours.