Completed a FULL day in Beyond!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
inHistiming

Completed a FULL day in Beyond!

Post by inHistiming » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:47 pm

So, obviously, I can't judge every day on today....BUT, it was a great day! My son and I completed every box in Beyond. This is a perfect program for him and I think it has worked out for the best that we ended up not really beginning it until now. He is 8.5 and ready for the readings finally....he can sit through them, answer any questions, make astute comments, and it was enjoyable for both of us. I loved reading from Boys and Girls of Colonial Days (we began at unit 5 b/c that's where we stopped last time we tried it) and remembering parts of the story from reading it with my daughter when she was 8. So sweet. :) I know we will have challenging days where we may not complete all of the boxes, but it was nice to get a good start. We did have to do it here and there throughout the day due to a trip across town and then my needing to spend some time working. Knowing that not every day will have those interruptions makes me feel confident that we can do this. We will need to figure out a schedule for adding in his R&S English that we had already begun, but we'll be doing it half-time so it should still be very doable.I just wanted to come back and share my joy. :wink: Many thanks to HOD!

Heidi in AK

Re: Completed a FULL day in Beyond!

Post by Heidi in AK » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:23 pm

inHistiming, that is great news! I pray this is your experience more often than you expect this year! :) We are using Beyond for the RH side with LHFHG, so I get sneak peeks. It looks interesting and fun!
Heidi
loving teaching my rewards!!!
Girlie (dd7) - Beyond, 4 days/week
Boy-o (ds4), LHTH, along for the ride!!! (all boy, whatever he can get his hands on, FULL OF ENERGY!)
Psalm 78:3-7

http://heidihovan.blogspot.com

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:01 pm

inHistiming,

I am SO glad and am rejoicing with you on your good first day! :D I pray you will have many more days where you are able to enjoy time with your son, even in the midst of the busy family surrounding you. Thanks for sharing an update! :D

Blessings
Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:01 pm

inHistiming - I am so glad for you and your ds! This is wonderful to hear - I was hoping this would be a good start, and it is such a blessing the first day went so well. Your ds sounds like he is fully ready to enjoy and do Beyond, and so many times (as your name on this board aptly points out) it is all in His timing. May you have a great year of doing Beyond with your ds! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:08 pm

Our 2nd day went great! I think part of it too is that I have decided we are going to get this done. No excuses! I'm looking forward to tomorrow....remembering that my son said Tuesday, "I really like Boys and Girls of Colonial Days, that's a good book." He's loving it, and I think the one-on-one time is irreplaceable! :)