Starting HOD today!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
katharos

Starting HOD today!

Post by katharos » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:27 am

Good morning! I am new to the board, and new to HOD, and I just thought I should introduce myself. I have 3 boys (8, 4, 2) and we've been homeschooling since March. It's been a bumpy road, trying different things and trying to figure out what will work best for our family. Today we are starting Bigger and Little Hands, and I am so excited! :D
<3 Kari

DS9 - Preparing
DS5 - Little Hearts
DS3 - Little Hands

countrymom

Re: Starting HOD today!

Post by countrymom » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:41 am

Welcome! Allow yourself a couple weeks to get a system down, and then I am sure you will feel you are "home."
Countrymom
Wife to J
Big J - LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, Rev to Rev, Modern Missions, beginning parts of World Geography
Little J - LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, working in CTC

krazzymommy

Post by krazzymommy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:27 pm

We started about two weeks ago and we are LOVING it! Hope you have a great day!
~Monica
DD8 - Bigger
DS10 - CtC

We've enjoyed: Little Hands to Heaven, Little Hearts for His Glory, Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory, and Bigger Hearts for His Glory - took a break from HOD for awhile; excited to get back into it!

tollhousemom

Post by tollhousemom » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:29 pm

Hope you have an awesome day!

mom23

Post by mom23 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:45 pm

We're also doing Bigger and Little Hands (with Little Hearts thrown in the mix, too!) Hope you love it as much as we do!!
Becky, married to my preacher-man and raising:
DD 12-7th grade public school
DS 10-Preparing
DS 8-Beyond
DS 3-Just doin' his thing

julieabird

Post by julieabird » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:01 pm

Welcome! We are new to HOD this year and I'm in love with it! My kids are too. We are doing Beyond and Little Hearts for His Glory. I love having one on one time with each of them! I am so glad you've found HOD!!! Let us know how things are going and what you think once you get settled in!
Julie R

ds 7 BLHFHG
dd 5 LHFHG

katharos

Post by katharos » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:16 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome! We had a great day, and everything went much smoother than I expected for a first day. We did the music all together this morning, and all 3 loved the Singing Bible CD. The only hiccup we had was when I realized that our kindle version of A First Book in American History doesn't have page numbers. I just had to guess at where we should stop reading. Not really a big deal though. Overall, we had a great day, and I think HOD is going to be a blessing for my family. :)
<3 Kari

DS9 - Preparing
DS5 - Little Hearts
DS3 - Little Hands

tnahid

Post by tnahid » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:37 pm

Welcome to HOD and to the board! I pray you will enjoy this year immensely. This board is a great source of encouragement, so anytime you have questions, please feel free to post them here. I have received so much godly help and wisdom last year and now this one using HOD. It's a tremendous blessing!

Bless you!
Tina
ds 11 -- DITHOR 4/5 and other curriculum
ds 9 -- Preparing and DITHOR
dd 5 -- 1st grade variety of curriculum
Wife of a loving DH 12 years
starting our 4th year of home education, 3rd year of HOD and DITHOR, so blessed...what a journey!

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:39 pm

HOORAY for a great first day, and I can tell you - there will be many more! :D We just completed BHFHG and LHTH with our middle and youngest ds, and we had a blast. Enjoy! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

beverett

Post by beverett » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:52 pm

YaYYYY!!! ConGRaTUlATIOnS! :D :D WE also just finished Bigger and LHTH, and what a blast we all had! You are in for a treat, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Brandi
Blessed with an amazing hubby and6 beautiful boys
DS-graduated!
DS-8th Rev to Rev
DS-6th RTR
DS-3rd Bigger
DS- 5yo LHTH

DS- 1yo future HODie

homefire

Post by homefire » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:12 am

Welcome! I'm new too so I don't have any advice but just wanted to say hi.
Daughter of the King, wife to my firefighting hubby, and Mom to my three blessings.
LM: 7yo dd Beyond for 2nd grade, AIG Answers for Kids, piano
CL: 6yo ds LHFHG, AIG for Kids, starting piano this year!
AM: 4yo dd LHTH and some LHFHG

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:46 pm

Kari,

I'm so glad that you are underway and that you had a good start! :D We pray the Lord may richly bless you as we journey the HOD path together. :D We look forward to getting to know you better. The board is filled with ladies who have such wise, loving Christian counsel. :D We are privileged to be a part of it!

Blessings,
Carrie