Beyond for a 9 yr old?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Charika30

Re: Beyond for a 9 yr old?

Post by Charika30 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:27 am

Thank you so much Lynn! :D That is EXACTLY what I wanted/needed to know!!!

Heart_Mom

Post by Heart_Mom » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:10 pm

Carrie wrote:Charika,

Wonderful advice has been given in this thread! :D The ladies are full of wise counsel. I did want to just pop-in and mention that if your friend does end up adding an Apologia book to raise the level of science for a 9 year old, you might want to have her steer clear of the Apologia Astronomy and Apologia Land Animals books. This is because these are both used in higher levels of HOD. If you don't mind repeating material later, then it would be fine to do this particular volume. If you prefer not to repeat though, you may wish to consider advising a different Apologia book or advising just reading science related books or biographies instead. :D

Blessings,
Carrie
Carrie (or anyone else who knows!),

Does that mean that as of now no other Apologia (elementary) Science books are planned for the guides? I might have my son read through Botany, but I would NOT want to do that if it might be used later with HOD!

Thanks!!!
Blessings,
Elisabeth

ds - 17
dd - 14
dd - 12
ds - 9
dd - 5 (Little Hearts for His Glory)

Proverbs 4:23 "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."

sharonb

Post by sharonb » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:02 pm

I think it's just Astronomy and Zoology 3. I don't imagine there will be any more scheduled since those are elementary books and Carrie is now writing middle school guides.

Heart_Mom

Post by Heart_Mom » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:53 am

sharonb wrote:I think it's just Astronomy and Zoology 3. I don't imagine there will be any more scheduled since those are elementary books and Carrie is now writing middle school guides.
Thanks, Sharon! That makes sense! :)
Blessings,
Elisabeth

ds - 17
dd - 14
dd - 12
ds - 9
dd - 5 (Little Hearts for His Glory)

Proverbs 4:23 "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."