Sneak Peek 2: New Guide Missions to Modern Marvels

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
tjswaine

Post by tjswaine » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:26 pm

Wow! Not that I want the years to fly by or anything, but wow! I can't wait!
Thank you muchly ...
In Him,
{Jess}
2012-2013:
Logan ds {10} ~ Preparing, SM 4A, DGP, McGuffey, etc.
Connor ds {8} ~ Preparing. SM 2B, DGP, McGuffey, etc.
Charlene dd {4} ~ The Reading Lesson, SM Earlybird, C-rods, Verbal Math Lesson, etc.
Evan ds {1}
Quinn dd {0}

arstephia

Re: Sneak Peek 2: New Guide Missions to Modern Marvels

Post by arstephia » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:30 pm

I am happy to see the sneak peeks, but have to be honest and admit I am disappointed to see Story of the World included. I ditched SOTW to do HOD. It does not seem to fit into the quality or the worldview of HOD. The secular slant of the SOTW books is disheartening. I sold all of my SOTW books to go with HOD, so I am interested in how this book will be used. Since I am so happy with all of the other HOD programs we've used (all but Bigger and RTR) I am still hopeful that this next guide will be worth sticking with so we can stay with HOD for all grades.
I've done all the guides now with at least one child and still feeling the HOD LOVE. LOL!
DD 9- Preparing
DD 13- Rev 2 Rev
DS 15- Geography

golfmom

Post by golfmom » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:52 am

Thank you so much for the peek. One of the many reasons I love HOD is that I can actually talk to the author. Carrie you have done such an awesome job on all the guides. I'm so excited to see and experience the rest. Thanks again.
Lori
Wife to Bobby for 12 years

Mom to 3 little golfers:
Madalyn(9)- Bigger/extentions
Haley(7)- Beyond
Joey(5)-Starting Little Hearts in Jan.

Great2kids

Post by Great2kids » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:06 pm

Thank you so much for all your hard work and dedication that goes into making each of these guides :!: :!: :!: We are half way through Resurrection to Reformation, but I always look forward to seeing what we have to look forward to in the future years :D . I feel you give a lot of thought and prayer as to each resource that will be used. I have always had complete confidence in the selections you choose for each program for us to use with our family :D :D
Again, thank you so much!!!
2015-2016
We are looking forward to our eighth year with HOD!

DS14 WH (Completed BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, RTR, Rev to Rev, MTMM & WG)
DD10 RTR (Completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG & CTC)

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:10 pm

Steph,

I understand completely what you are saying. I'll just encourage you that the combination of resources used within Missions to Modern Marvels will make all the difference in the world in the "telling" of history for this time period. :D The stories used in SOTW IV retell factual material from this time period of history in a narrative way. They give the "world history" portion needed in this guide to place in context the American history portion. When used in combination with All American History, both volumes of Hero Tales, Rescue and Redeem, and Great Events in American History (all of which are Christian resources), I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the balance of historical material and perspectives in this guide. :D We are actually very excited about this combination of resources and feel that there is nothing like it available elsewhere for this time period. :D

We will also be including the rest of Diana Waring's What in the World for this time period too. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

NicoleJ

Post by NicoleJ » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:48 pm

Carrie - thankyou for including world history! As an Australian, I can use almost all of the guides without addition or subtraction of your great resources as you include the US history alongside world history. Thanks!!

arstephia

Post by arstephia » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:21 pm

Carrie,
Thank you for your response. We have been so blessed by this curriculum. I was leary of the use of SOTW, but I appreciate your perspective and to know it is a small part of the bigger plan you have for the next guide. Looking forward to hearing more about the plans! Thank you for all you do.
I've done all the guides now with at least one child and still feeling the HOD LOVE. LOL!
DD 9- Preparing
DD 13- Rev 2 Rev
DS 15- Geography