My package arrived!!!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
sharonb

My package arrived!!!!

Post by sharonb » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:45 pm

I ordered the books we need to get started with Preparing, and they arrived today! I'm so excited to switch my oldest two to Preparing, and I think my dd is even more excited than I am!

Today I did Beyond with just my 1st grader, and it was wonderful being able to have discussions with him without his older siblings giving all the answers. This change is going to be good for all of us.

Thank you for such fast shipping, HOD!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Kathleen

Re: My package arrived!!!!

Post by Kathleen » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:41 pm

Yay! :D Happy Box Day to you!! :D

I have to say that Preparing has been my favorite HOD guide that I've done. If I had to choose a favorite...I really haven't done one that I don't like. :wink: :D I presonally learned so much that year, and I know that I will LOVE Grandpa's Box just as much when Allison gets there in a couple years. : Hope your changes go well this week! We're adding a family member, not a guide, this coming week!!

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

sharonb

Post by sharonb » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:20 am

Kathleen-
I pray your delivery goes smoothly! How exciting! :)

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:30 pm

Sharon,

I'm so glad that you have your books in hand and are excited to begin! :D We're excited for you too and pray that you will enjoy Preparing Hearts as much as we have! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:02 am

I'm glad you received your PHFHG things, and that your dd is excited to start! :D I know what you mean too about feeling relieved to just do Beyond with your first grader. I had initially tried to have Riley do a lot of what Wyatt was doing early on, and we all were much happier when he started his own younger HOD guide (LHTH). He felt so proud to have his own thing and do well with it, and Wyatt was off and running solo with his own level of learning in HOD and loving that. I hope you and your dd enjoy PHFHG as much as we are, and that you and your ds keep on lovin' Beyond! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie