Sneak Peek at New Guide: Missions to Modern Marvels

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
jer2911mom

Re: Sneak Peek at New Guide: Missions to Modern Marvels

Post by jer2911mom » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:28 pm

Hi Carrie,

I was wondering if you would mind going into some detail on the meaning behind the title. Specifically, I am interested in what "Missions" is going to entail.
:D

Thanks!
Kathy

Heather4Him

Post by Heather4Him » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:29 pm

How exciting, since we will be at the 15-16yo range and had planned Chemistry for that year, too!! :)
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:48 pm

Ladies,

I just wanted to pop-in and let you know that I will be striving to share more sneak peeks into Missions to Modern Marvels each week or two, so watch for updates! :D I love your enthusiasm as we work to honor the Lord with what we write. You are a blessing to me!

I'll post this as a sticky to the top of board next week too! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

aprilmd

Post by aprilmd » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:34 pm

Thank you for your hard work... I can't wait to see more. I have now subscribed to this thread so
I will automatically get all updates. :D :D :D I AM SO EXCITED FOR OUR NEXT SCHOOL YEAR!!!!!!!
My children were asking when can they get there hands on "The Elements" book. This book looks really fun.
April - BHFHG, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, MTMM, WG & now WORLD HIST
2014-2015
DD 16- World Hist, Chemistry, R&S Eng. 7, Saxon Adv Math
DD 15- World Hist, Bio, R&S Eng. 7, Saxon Adv Math
DD 13- MTMM/ext, finish R&S Eng. 6, Saxon Alg 1

davisfam7

Post by davisfam7 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:28 pm

Carrie,
Thank you and God Bless you for using your God given talents to help so many people! I should have been in a 12 step program for curriculum junkies before finding HOD for this school year. We are hooked. I haven't even felt one little urge to look at anything else!!!! That is huge for me. I have tried it all. . .and I am not exaggerating. My kids are thriving and we are having the best school year we have ever had. My 8th grade dd and 9th grade ds are doing so well with Rev. to Rev. this year. My son has read more this school year and has actually made a list of books from the backs of the Rev. to Rev. books that he wants to get. This is joy to my ears, as we could never get him to read. . .anything!!! He has always tested in reading way above his grade, actually post highschool for the last 2 years, but he just does not LIKE to do it. That has all changed this year. He has read every book and the Extensions and it's like he can't get enough. He is constantly telling me things that he learned in his reading for the day. He actually looks forward to it. I never thought I'd ever see this!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. We can't wait to see what Missions to Modern Marvels has in store for us! My younger two boys are doing great in Bigger and Preparing. My College age daughter, who has to fill in for me when I work once a week, has already begged me NOT to ever switch to anything else! She said she knows what she is going to use to teach her children someday!!! Anyway, I just wanted to let you know how much of a change our family has seen just by using HOD.
Sarah
wife to Bobby
Taylor 22 helping @ home
Ryan 18 World History
Olivia 16 World History
Alec 13 MtMM
Jack-Attack 1 CtC
Have done Bigger, Preparing, RtR, Rev to Rev, MtMM, World Geo.

annaz

Post by annaz » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:14 am

From one junkie to another Sarah, that was an awesome post! :D
Married 1994
One DD 6/2000
One DH :)
One cat
One dog
Three horses :shock:

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:25 am

Kathy,

I just wanted to let you know that I answered your question in Sneak Peek 2. :D Just in case you didn't get a chance to see it, I'll link you to the thread here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10671

Blessings,
Carrie

jer2911mom

Post by jer2911mom » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:16 pm

Carrie wrote:Kathy,

I just wanted to let you know that I answered your question in Sneak Peek 2. :D Just in case you didn't get a chance to see it, I'll link you to the thread here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10671

Blessings,
Carrie
Thanks, Carrie! I did see the link and I really appreciate the details in your sneak peek. I'm excited about the missions emphasis! :D

Blessings,
Kathy

Littlelight

Post by Littlelight » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:38 am

Oh WOW - that looks wonderful! I can't wait until my girls get there! :D

Mom of Three

Post by Mom of Three » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:01 pm

Sounds fantastic!
2 daughters in Beyond Little Hearts and CLE Math

1 daughter in Creation to Christ and Teaching Textbooks Math

my2beauties

Post by my2beauties » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:29 am

Hi Carrie,
Just wondering if you considered continuing with AnswersinGenesis' "God's Design for Science" series??? I know they have an inventions book You used a few of the books here and there, but not any particular science curriculum with any consistency (one small square, God's Design for Science, Apologia, CLP, etc). May I ask if that is because you wanted more of a Charlotte Mason balance? I am only in Little Hearts right now, but will use Beyond for 1st grade. I am considering using the God's Design for Science series beginning with Beyond, in place of God's Wonderful Works. Then, continuing to use it, along with some of the resources you list, during Bigger and up. I've also pondered starting the other books in the One Small Square series that are not used currently for use in Beyond. However, I am not as creative as you are and am not sure how to implement them (as I do not yet have a Bigger manual). What are your thoughts? I am truly amazed at the thoroughness and incredible books/resources you have assembled for this entire curriculum!! Science is the only area I am really just not settled about.
-Lisa