HOD completion certificates?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
smithdonnajo

HOD completion certificates?

Post by smithdonnajo » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:33 pm

Hi! I was wondering if there might be any downloadable certificates that can be given to the student upon completing a program?
Thank you!
Donna Jo

annaz

Re: HOD completion certificates?

Post by annaz » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:18 pm

What a cool idea!
Married 1994
One DD 6/2000
One DH :)
One cat
One dog
Three horses :shock:

mom23

Post by mom23 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:11 pm

That is a neat idea! If there are not any certificates, what have others done to celebrate this milestone? I'm sure for some, it's summer vacation :D . We school year-round, so we won't have any huge breaks after a program, but we could possibly take a week or so...Any other ideas?
Becky, married to my preacher-man and raising:
DD 12-7th grade public school
DS 10-Preparing
DS 8-Beyond
DS 3-Just doin' his thing

mamas4bugs

Post by mamas4bugs » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:39 pm

How about a party? Any occasion for cake is a winner at my house. :) Or a cool/special field trip, maybe? You could always Google certificates and make some of your own. I'm sure there are printable ones out there.
Living the adventure, blessed to be schooling 3:
Cub 15 MTMM with extentions
Crawdad 11 Preparing
Taz 6 her own interesting mix

Have used and loved: LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
http://ourhomeschooltravelingzoo.blogspot.com/

Heart_Mom

Post by Heart_Mom » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:17 am

mamas4bugs wrote:How about a party? Any occasion for cake is a winner at my house. :) Or a cool/special field trip, maybe? You could always Google certificates and make some of your own. I'm sure there are printable ones out there.
I often make up certificates for my children with my laptop. There is a certificate template in my word processing program (Mac's Pages) that I can alter. I bet you can find an online source as well.

I usually make a certificate any time we finish something (a level of Math, a school year, etc.). They really seem mean a lot to my children. (We put them in page protectors in a binder.)
Blessings,
Elisabeth

ds - 17
dd - 14
dd - 12
ds - 9
dd - 5 (Little Hearts for His Glory)

Proverbs 4:23 "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."

mamayi

Post by mamayi » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:42 pm

I make certificates for my dc on the computer and then we have a special family breakfast out at a restaurant where Dad presents them with their certificates. I make one for the guide or grade completed and one for the character trait I've seen most developed in that child in the past year. Certificates are a simple way to mark a huge achievement.
Marine Wife for 14 years
Mother to
DS 07/02 Preparing
DD 04/04 Preparing
DD 07/06 LHFHG
DS 09/09 Playing
DD 05/12 Joining the party!

Heart_Mom

Post by Heart_Mom » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:05 pm

mamayi wrote:I make certificates for my dc on the computer and then we have a special family breakfast out at a restaurant where Dad presents them with their certificates. I make one for the guide or grade completed and one for the character trait I've seen most developed in that child in the past year. Certificates are a simple way to mark a huge achievement.
I really LOVE your character certificate idea! Wow! I hope you don't mind if I borrow your idea!!! :D :D :D
Blessings,
Elisabeth

ds - 17
dd - 14
dd - 12
ds - 9
dd - 5 (Little Hearts for His Glory)

Proverbs 4:23 "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:10 pm

I love the idea of a certificate. We often do cakes to celebrate school as well and that is fun. I also love the idea of the character certificates. That is really wonderful. :D I think I am going to have to just do it all. :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)