OK - so Peridot and Joyfulheart - you will be doing Bigger

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
momof2n2

OK - so Peridot and Joyfulheart - you will be doing Bigger

Post by momof2n2 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:08 am

in the fall for your 8 year olds/3rd graders?

I am trying to recap from another thread.

Are you both doing/have done Beyond this last year?

Thanks! :D

Fall 2015
DS 17 -gr.12 full time college student
DS 15- gr. 10 favorites from World Geo and World Hx.
DD 13- gr. 8 Rev to Rev
DD 11- gr. 6 CTC
DD 7 - gr. 2 Beyond
DD 4 - pre-K Rod & Staff and Phonics Pathways

netpea

Re: OK - so Peridot and Joyfulheart - you will be doing Bigg

Post by netpea » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:10 am

momof2n2 wrote:in the fall for your 8 year olds/3rd graders?

I am trying to recap from another thread.

Are you both doing/have done Beyond this last year?

Thanks! :D
Ok, I admit it, I was nosy and peeked in here. :lol:
I am not sure what they are using this year but we are currently doing Beyond with our 7yo for 2nd and moving into Bigger in the Fall at 8yo for 3rd.

:D

peridot

Post by peridot » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:56 am

This will be our first year doing HOD anything but I have been looking at it for years. Yes, we will be doing Bigger with our 7 yr old (will be 8 at the end of Aug) and she will be starting 3rd grade. I decided to get the Singapore 2A/2B even though she is doing 2A/2B in another math curriculum (Math Mammoth). Singapore seems to go more in depth with the concepts. We are really excited about starting HOD this year!

joyfulheart

Post by joyfulheart » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:05 am

We have a very wierd wierd situation, one kid in and out of public school with lung disease, another kid with issues that is in and out too... We've been doing homeschool while home, but they're still technically in "the system"... we're letting them continue the last 4 weeks so they can have the parties and stuff at the end. It's a long complicated annoying story, LOL.

Because of my son's lung issues, it is necessary for him to be in and out of hospitals, or homebound, so we do alot of homeschooling. We will let him finish out the school year, then be full time homeschoolers.

Today eveyrone is home and doing homeschool today.

We're doing Beyond with one and was going to do Bigger with the other, but I went back to beyond with both. It's more of a learning disability issue, getting him caught up on some things, kinda waiting for school year to officially end, then we'll start Bigger for real. (so far, we've only played with bigger a little bit-- but BOY IS IT FUN! LOL)

momof2n2

Post by momof2n2 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:08 am

oops - sorry netpea! didn't mean to disclude you. Is disclude a word. :p

Joyful♥ - isn't it a blessing to be able to homeschool as needed? That we don't exist in an all-or-nothing-vacuum? A friend is taking one child back out of PS next year for grades 6 and 7, while the rest continue in PS. It is such a blessing to meet our children's needs as they arise and as God directs us to. ♥

Fall 2015
DS 17 -gr.12 full time college student
DS 15- gr. 10 favorites from World Geo and World Hx.
DD 13- gr. 8 Rev to Rev
DD 11- gr. 6 CTC
DD 7 - gr. 2 Beyond
DD 4 - pre-K Rod & Staff and Phonics Pathways