LHFHG History

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Shaye

LHFHG History

Post by Shaye » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:30 am

We are currently at Unit 3 in LHFHG. I am a bit confused by the History and Bible readings this week; they do not seem to coincide as the previous units have. Is there a discrepancy in the pages assigned, or is it my lack of understanding?

lmercon

Re: LHFHG History

Post by lmercon » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:33 pm

I posted last week my confusion as well. I truly think it is a misprint. One poster quoted what was in her manual, and it was different from mine. I think it was day 3, but I can't remember. It had to do with Jacob and Esau. I think you should read those pages out of the Family Bible NOT out of History for Little Pilgrims. Ignore the beginning pages from the Family Bible. The rest of the week went smoothly. Week 4 has been fine as well, so I really think it is a misprint.
hth,
Laura
Wife to a great guy and mommy to:
Ds(15) - using WG and loving it!
Dd(11) - using Res.to Ref and having a blast!
Ds (3) - our joy!
Two little ones in the arms of Jesus - I can't wait to hold you in Heaven!

chillin'inandover

Post by chillin'inandover » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:11 pm

http://www.heartofdakota.com/pdf/alt-sc ... istory.pdf

I don't know if this will help but I saw this update but it starts later then Unit 3.
Tammy
Last edited by chillin'inandover on Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

krismoose

Post by krismoose » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:24 pm

Is there a difference in the printing year? Mine says c2004, and all the readings make sense. They go from Noah's three sons, and people moving away from the tower of Babel on day 1, to God blessing Jacob on day 5.
Kristen
Loved LHTH & LHFHG :)
DS8 (2nd) WWE1, HOD dictation, Sequential Spelling, SM 2B, VP OT/AE & SOTW1 history, Song School Latin, Getting Started With Spanish
DD6 (K) Saxon Math 1, VP Phonics Museum K
DD3 cutting, gluing, more cutting :D

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:29 pm

Shaye and Imercon - If you get a chance, can you share the copyright date from the inside cover of your LHFHG guide? I have the older edition, but I will try to look at the newer edition and then see if it is a misprint. You can always email carmikeaustin@msn.com with any questions of this nature. They will email you a response and then if a change is necessary, it will be kept on file for the next edition. Thanks so much! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie