Confusing week in Beyond History...can you help me out?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Jessi

Confusing week in Beyond History...can you help me out?

Post by Jessi » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:34 pm

Can you ladies help me? We are using Beyond this year with my daughter. We just finished Week 5. So far until this week (5), our history reading was really good. She enjoyed it a lot. But then this week, the history started feeling disjointed and for lack of a better word...plain old confusing. I'll give some examples....

Days 1 & 2 we read out of Boys and Girls of Colonial Days about Love Bradford age 10 coming to Holland with Mistress Brewster while her dad was in left in prison in England. The prior week didn't mention that Goodman Bradford was imprisoned when the women and children left. In fact, Stories of the Pilgrims said Bradford was on the boat with the men who went to Holland. Love moved in with with a Dutch family and stayed behind when the rest of the pilgrims, including the Brewsters, went on to America. Finally her father joins her in Holland.

Then days 3 & 4 we moved back to Stories of the Pilgrims and Love is a baby on the ship to Holland. (This is my confusion...was Love the Brewster's baby ( I thought they only had Jonathan, Patience, and Fear) or was that Love Bradford?) And when the Pilgrim women and children get there, Bradford had already secured a place for the Brewsters to live.

Do you see where I am confused? As I was reading, I couldn't figure it out. My daughter kept asking questions because she was as confused as I and honestly I couldn't figure out how to answer her.

It seemed like it was all over and we were both confused.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

lmercon

Re: Confusing week in Beyond History...can you help me out?

Post by lmercon » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:51 pm

I remembered that this came up a few years ago, so I did a quick search. Does this post help at all?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3215&p=23872&hilit= ... ord#p23872

Laura
Wife to a great guy and mommy to:
Ds(15) - using WG and loving it!
Dd(11) - using Res.to Ref and having a blast!
Ds (3) - our joy!
Two little ones in the arms of Jesus - I can't wait to hold you in Heaven!

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:25 am

Thanks! I should have thought to check the history of the forums for my question.
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

MelInKansas

Post by MelInKansas » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:55 pm

Wow, thanks for posting this. I was a little confused about it myself and then just decided that it must have been a different Bradford. My kids didn't even pick up that it was the same last name so I didn't follow up with it because it didn't bother them at all.
Melissa
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end"

DD12 - Rev to Rev + DITHOR 6/7/8
DD10 - CTC + DITHOR 2/3
DD7 - Bigger + ERs
DS5 - LHFHG
DD2 - ABC123
2 babies in heaven