Beyond - Who stole the Wizard of Oz

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
basesloaded

Beyond - Who stole the Wizard of Oz

Post by basesloaded » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:16 pm

Did the book Who Stole the Wizard of Oz replace The Key to the Treasurein the Boy's Interest Set? Does this affect plans in the TM? Thanks!
Suzy in Eastern NC
Momma of boys 11th grade, 9th & 4th
HS World History, HS Geo & Preparing

pjdobro

Re: Beyond - Who stole the Wizard of Oz

Post by pjdobro » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:00 pm

Wow, I wonder if Key to the Treasure went out of print? We read that one when doing Beyond and really enjoyed it. I don't think it should affect the plans at all. The plans in the TM are universal to use with any book in that genre. So you can use any mystery and follow the plans. I'll have to check out that new book, Who Stole the Wizard of Oz. I think my dc might enjoy that as a book to read in their free reading time. :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:34 pm

basesloaded wrote:Did the book Who Stole the Wizard of Oz replace The Key to the Treasurein the Boy's Interest Set? Does this affect plans in the TM? Thanks!
Yes, it did replace "The Key to the Treasure" (which went OOP). :D I actually got "Who Stole the Wizard of Oz" even though we already own "The Key to the Treasure". The boys wanted to read it, and I'm always looking for good boy interest books. They loved it - I think it is as good as "The Key to the Treasure". The replacement will not affect the plans, as the plans are genre specific, and both of the books are mysteries. Enjoy! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

basesloaded

Post by basesloaded » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:45 am

Thanks so much :D ! We will look forward to reading them both, too!
Suzy in Eastern NC
Momma of boys 11th grade, 9th & 4th
HS World History, HS Geo & Preparing

krazzymommy

Post by krazzymommy » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:20 pm

I realize this is an old thread, but I just was looking for this information and am so glad to have found it! This is one of the things that I am loving about HOD - that you can easily substitute books in many cases! Awesome.
~Monica
DD8 - Bigger
DS10 - CtC

We've enjoyed: Little Hands to Heaven, Little Hearts for His Glory, Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory, and Bigger Hearts for His Glory - took a break from HOD for awhile; excited to get back into it!