Have a Blessed 2011-2012 School Year!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
tjswaine

Have a Blessed 2011-2012 School Year!

Post by tjswaine » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:54 pm

Hello everyone! Many of you have most likely already started your year, but I just wanted to take the time to say "hello" and "enjoy your year". Those days may be long sometimes, but it seems as though the years fly by. I'll try to remember that when the baby's crying, the toddler's whining, the phone's ringing and we haven't even finished Math! :shock: Seriously though, I'll be praying for you all to have fun-joy-and-peace filled days ...

Thank you Carrie and Julie. I'm greatly looking forward to our school year and we had a wonderful first day with HOD!
In Him,
{Jess}
2012-2013:
Logan ds {10} ~ Preparing, SM 4A, DGP, McGuffey, etc.
Connor ds {8} ~ Preparing. SM 2B, DGP, McGuffey, etc.
Charlene dd {4} ~ The Reading Lesson, SM Earlybird, C-rods, Verbal Math Lesson, etc.
Evan ds {1}
Quinn dd {0}

pjdobro

Re: Have a Blessed 2011-2012 School Year!

Post by pjdobro » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:31 pm

Thank you Jess and the same to you! You are so right that some days may seem long, but the years go by so quickly. :? As I was cleaning out old things preparing to start our new school year, I was able to stroll down memory lane a little and I realized how quickly the last 4 years have gone. It seems like yesterday we were cuddled in our little reading nook reading early reading books. :( The time has flown and we no longer fit in our little reading nook :cry: , but we are still enjoying wonderful books together. :) My dc couldn't hardly stand stopping after 1 chapter of Grandpa's Box today. We had a really nice first day of school. Thanks HOD! Oh, what a wonderful year we have ahead of us! :D
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

moedertje

Post by moedertje » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:24 pm

Jess,
Thank you so much and I hope that your year will be blessed as well. With HOD it's hard not to be blessed since everything is put together with much prayer, than lots of hard work by Carrie, Julie and others. :D :D
I went to your blog and your kiddo's brought a smile to my face. Boys will be boys and you have a set of very cute kids :D
Succes
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

psreit

Post by psreit » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:14 pm

Thanks! Yes, time does fly. I have 3 dc in their 20's,and I can only say, "It goes TOO fast!" So, enjoy these years. I will more than likely be losing our foster baby when this school year ends. :cry: Then I will be teaching our last dd. I will definitely treasure this time. :D I look forward to watching her grow in many ways with the help of HOD.

Thank you, Carrie and Julie for your time invested in, not only seeing that these guides are available to us, but, making yourself available to all of us on this board. May God continue to bless you both and your families. :D
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. III John 4
Pam
dh 33 yrs
ds29 church planter in MA
dd27 SAH mom
dd26
dd 12
3 dgs(5,2, & born 6/15) & 2 dgd(3 & born 2/15)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:53 pm

Thank you, ladies, and may you have a blessed 2011-2012 school year too! :D We feel so blessed already, as we know the Lord's leading brought each one of you here. This board is such a special place to come each day and be filled. Jess - you are so right - some days of homeschooling are filled with stress and with troubles we never saw coming, but then other days are filled with moments to cherish and hold dear in our memories for a lifetime. May we lean on the Lord through the harder days, and praise Him for the many good days He sends our way as well! :D Happy 2011-2012 School Year! :D :D :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:25 pm

Thank you so much for this post, ladies! :D I feel blessed and humbled to know each of you through this board. I pray the Lord will walk closely with each of you as you journey this year! :D I know I need Him every day.

Blessings,
Carrie

Heidi in AK

Post by Heidi in AK » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:21 pm

Same to you and everyone else, Jess! Carrie, thanks so much for this curriculum. I was talking to a friend yesterday who was sharing about things she didn't like related to her curriculum. I find it funny that people will express to you how they don't like a curriculum, but when you mention yours, they are resistant. I guess it's the expense of some of the others. As I was reflecting on our conversation, I noticed I didn't have a complaint about this curriculum. I am sure the others are also God-sent, but this truly is. :) Thank you!

Have a blessed school year, everybody!
Heidi
loving teaching my rewards!!!
Girlie (dd7) - Beyond, 4 days/week
Boy-o (ds4), LHTH, along for the ride!!! (all boy, whatever he can get his hands on, FULL OF ENERGY!)
Psalm 78:3-7

http://heidihovan.blogspot.com

Heather4Him

Post by Heather4Him » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:24 pm

Thanks, and same to you, Jess, Carrie, Julie, and Everyone here! :)
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM