R&S Building with Diligence lesson 6

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
shera

R&S Building with Diligence lesson 6

Post by shera » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:02 pm

Quick question regarding Lesson 6 in Rod and Staff:
The written practice is about writing an interesting paragraph/story. I know Carrie does not plan for the kids to do all of the writing etc in the R & S lessons. Should the kids do this? The same day they are copying 2 paragraphs in Independent History and rewriting a poem. For all of the other lessons so far I have adapted them and done most of it orally just having ds write out maybe 6 sentences or so, this one just threw me for a loop.

Sarah
Sarah
ds 11/01
dd8/04

Tansy

Re: R&S Building with Diligence lesson 6

Post by Tansy » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:53 pm

I wouldn't have followed the directions in the book tho I might have, had them dictate an interesting paragraph and I would write it on the white board...
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫
Dyslexics of the world Untie!
Adoptive Mom to 2 girls
http://gardenforsara.blogspot.com/
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫

my3sons

Re: R&S Building with Diligence lesson 6

Post by my3sons » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:52 pm

This is a judgment call that each parent may make differently based on what her dc need. :D I usually have Wyatt write only the writing assignment on days like that, and we do all of the rest orally. If there are 2 paragraphs to be written, I have him dictate one to me while I write it on a markerboard, and I have him write the other one. This way, he is still writing about 7 sentences, but they are all for the written portion. HTH!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie