Quiet Times for Kids

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Mom of Three

Quiet Times for Kids

Post by Mom of Three » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:55 pm

My daughter will be doing Creation to Christ this year. I see there are Quiet Times/Devotional times for her to have on her own. There are questions and prayer suggestions for her.

How do you put this into practice?

Do you just hand the student the curriculum guide and their Bible and send them off to Quiet Time?

Are there student pages with the prayer suggestions on them?

Or do you write this all out by hand for your student? (Wow, that would be time-consuming!)
2 daughters in Beyond Little Hearts and CLE Math

1 daughter in Creation to Christ and Teaching Textbooks Math

Heather4Him

Re: Quiet Times for Kids

Post by Heather4Him » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:06 pm

Our dd just uses the manual and has her quiet time each day, using the instructions and prayer starters in the guide.
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM

Mom of Three

Re: Quiet Times for Kids

Post by Mom of Three » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:37 pm

Update:
I've been writing the instructions and the prayer ideas in dd's binder for her. This is not taking as long as I thought it might, and it allows me to be looking over the days work in the guide while she's doing her Bible study. I always have her do Bible study first, as I think that's a good habit to start.
2 daughters in Beyond Little Hearts and CLE Math

1 daughter in Creation to Christ and Teaching Textbooks Math