Spelling list vs. Dictation

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
3smoches

Spelling list vs. Dictation

Post by 3smoches » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:24 pm

I am sure this has been talked about before but I cant seem to find a thread about it. I have a dd that will be 7 soon. We will be starting Bigger. She did spelling list #1 last year in Beyond, so should she just do the spelling list this year and not the dictation yet? If so, is the dictation in the next guide the same as the one in Bigger. Has there been anyone who has done both the spelling list and dictation? I appreciate any advice you may have :) I have heard such great things about dictation that I dont want her to miss out on it, but I also dont want to rush it if she isnt supposed to do it yet...

Thanks guys

frankesense

Re: Spelling list vs. Dictation

Post by frankesense » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:03 pm

My understanding is that after completing spelling list #1 you would move on to list #2. Then, after completing list #2 you move on to the first level of dictation. This is what I have done with my kids. The next guide you go to will have 2 or 3 levels of dictation in it - you will just choose the first level to do with your dd.
Wife to the most awesome man for 18 years
Mother to ds - 15 yrs. and dd - 13 yrs.
using World Geography