Singapore Guide Question

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Homeschooling6

Singapore Guide Question

Post by Homeschooling6 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:13 pm

Okay here we are having a few tornado's and on tornado watch and I'm asking questions about curriculum :shock:

I am currently or will be using Singapore 1A, 1B, 2A & 2B. I read in another thread that if you purchase HOD Guides, you don't need to purchase Singapore's Textbook. Is this correct? If so would I need to purchase Singapore's answer guides or does HOD have that too?

Those of you using Singapore with HOD, do you own any Singapore guides as back-up or do you think HOD is sufficient enough.

I'm wondering if I could save some money by purchasing HOD Guides.

Instead of making a whole new thread I'll go ahead and ask what Guides would I need to purchase to use Singapore 1A/1B, 2A/2B and if I am going to use R&S English 4?

Again, thanks for all your help & if you read this before morning, please pray that we don't get hit by the tornados. There are two in our area :( .
Linda
ds16~WG and now WH
dd.15~RtR, MTMM, and now WG
ds.14~ PH, CTC, and now MtMM
ds.13~ PH, CTC, and now Rev2Rev
ds.11 ~Bigger, and now CtC
ds.10 ~ Preparing

http://www.homeschooling6.com

joyfulheart

Post by joyfulheart » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:38 pm

I'm not sure which programs you're using, or which ages you need?

For us, with Bigger -- if doing 2a, 2b it's the WORKBOOKS only. If doing 3a 3b, it's the workbook AND textbook. I havent needed any answer keys, or anything else. The HOD ties it all together nicely, and havent needed anything else.

If I unerstand you correctly, you're wondering if you buy HOD teachers manual, and the singapore math, will you need any additional math supplies/books????

ANd we are under tornado watch too I think-- our satellite is out so no idea what it's doing right now, except lots of rain and thunder! LOL

Homeschooling6

Post by Homeschooling6 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:42 pm

joyfulheart wrote:I'm not sure which programs you're using.

For us, with Bigger -- if doing 2a, 2b it's the WORKBOOKS only. If doing 3a 3b, it's the workbook AND textbook. I havent needed any answer keys, or anything else. The HOD ties it all together nicely, and havent needed anything else.

ANd we are under tornado watch too I think-- our satellite is out so no idea what it's doing right now, except lots of rain and thunder! LOL
Joyfulheart we are in Plano and there are two tornado watches. One until 2:00am and another until 11:00am :? Hope it's not as windy as last time. Our fence & roof can't handle a second time around :cry:

Thanks for the Singapore info.
Last edited by Homeschooling6 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Linda
ds16~WG and now WH
ds.10 ~ Preparing

joyfulheart

Post by joyfulheart » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:54 pm

Yes, we're in Frisco just a few miles away!-- collin county. So we may be under that too.

Anyway, if you wanna see the manuals to see if it would fit to your tweaking, just let me know. I have Beyond and Bigger, and Drawn into the heart of reading.

I originally planned on doing HOD and doing a different math, science, etc... but when I got my hands on the HOD manual, I realized I couldn't tweak it better than it already was! Yes, I do ADD to the program, but only intervention things for my son's dyslexia and LD issues. Otherwise, I open it and go! (and my sanity is saved! LOL)

Homeschooling6

Post by Homeschooling6 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:12 pm

Thanks Joyfulheart. I think I'm going to order Preparing Hearts, so I can use it for the LA's. I'll add some of the history to go along with CtG's. It looks like it will have some ideas for my younger ones to get involved.

I'm going to look into the other guides for their Math ideas too.

Thanks again!
Linda
ds16~WG and now WH
ds.10 ~ Preparing