Problem with American Pioneers and Patriots??

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
raceNzanesmom

Problem with American Pioneers and Patriots??

Post by raceNzanesmom » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:09 am

We started Beyond on Monday. Lovin' it!! However, I'm having a problem with my copy APaP lining up with the guide. I have a 1995 edition (came with the used set I bought). For example, today's reading was pgs 6-8, then the comment is about the storm after they pass the Canary Islands. The activity is lard on the hand and cold water. However, in my edition pgs 6-8 is about them going on the ship and unpacking. The storm doesn't happen until ch 2, pgs 12-16.

So, does my copy not line up? Or, are the activities ahead of the readings? Or, what?

I did see an update on the Beyond page, but not for APaP.

I can adjust this copy if needed, just want to make sure I'm doing it right.

Thanks for any insight!
~Angie
Helpmeet to James for twenty six years
Mom to Race, 23- homeschool grad and Zane, 12- RTR

water2wine

Re: Problem with American Pioneers and Patriots??

Post by water2wine » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:56 am

Well I have not had it hit with this particular book but with others where I had the wrong issue I found I could line it up well by topic. If you look at the "Key Idea" you usually are able to do that quite well. See if maybe that does not work for you and hope someone that knows about this particular book replies to you as well. :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

raceNzanesmom

Post by raceNzanesmom » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:32 pm

water2wine wrote:Well I have not had it hit with this particular book but with others where I had the wrong issue I found I could line it up well by topic. If you look at the "Key Idea" you usually are able to do that quite well. See if maybe that does not work for you and hope someone that knows about this particular book replies to you as well. :D
That's what I did today. I just wasn't sure if my copy was off, or Carrie had it scheduled that way. Tho I figured it was my copy.
~Angie

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:44 pm

The activities should line up with the reading. :D

hth!
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

raceNzanesmom

Post by raceNzanesmom » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:50 pm

holyhart wrote:The activities should line up with the reading. :D

hth!
Thanks! I thought so.
~Angie

MelInKansas

Post by MelInKansas » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:52 pm

I had the same problem, I did also buy a used copy of the guide and the American Pioneers and Patriots came with it... so I figured those would have been the same editions sold at the same time? It's only off by a couple of pages. The activity with building a dike, like the dikes in Holland, was not on the day we read about the dikes so we went back and read that again when we did that activity. (This was actually in Stories of the Pilgrims, that's the one I had trouble with them being in synch). I guess it keeps us on our toes, right?

Oh my Stories of the Pilgrims is in fact a newer edition than the one that came with my used guide and set. Maybe I should go back and use the older one...
Melissa
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end"

DD12 - Rev to Rev + DITHOR 6/7/8
DD10 - CTC + DITHOR 2/3
DD7 - Bigger + ERs
DS5 - LHFHG
DD2 - ABC123
2 babies in heaven

raceNzanesmom

Post by raceNzanesmom » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:12 pm

MelInKansas wrote:I had the same problem, I did also buy a used copy of the guide and the American Pioneers and Patriots came with it... so I figured those would have been the same editions sold at the same time? It's only off by a couple of pages. The activity with building a dike, like the dikes in Holland, was not on the day we read about the dikes so we went back and read that again when we did that activity. (This was actually in Stories of the Pilgrims, that's the one I had trouble with them being in synch). I guess it keeps us on our toes, right?

Oh my Stories of the Pilgrims is in fact a newer edition than the one that came with my used guide and set. Maybe I should go back and use the older one...
Stories of the Pilgrims has an updated schedule on the Beyond page, jsyk.

I'm guessing since my edition is older than the guide, Carrie used the current edition when she wrote the guide. As long as I know I'm not suppose to be "off" I'll just read what seems to line up.

Thanks for all the help!
~Angie