Girls, big prayer request..., my son had a seizure

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MamaMary

Re: Girls, big prayer request..., my son had a seizure

Post by MamaMary » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:22 pm

Seth is doing great! I am taking him to the ped at 2:45pm. (Eastern) He just wishes I would quit fretting over him. At around 4am when my husband and I were continuing to check on him he finally asked if he should just get into bed with us. We laughed and whisked him up. I'll let you know more when we get home from the doctor. (as long as the computer holds) Thank you Thank You Thank you for your continued prayers;-)
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:18 pm

Praying now that as you are on the way to the Dr. appt. you will have peace. And that the Lord will give wisdom to the doctors, as well as to your husband and yourself in any decisions that may need to be made. Looking forward to hearing the update.

Tiffini

Post by Tiffini » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:52 pm

I'm praying for you and your family, Mary.
Tiffini
DD (21 ) Graduated! Used HOD from 5th Grade through 12th Grade!
B/G Twins (18) Graduated! Used HOD from 3rd through 12th Grade!
DS (12) and DS (10)- Preparing Hearts
HOD Users since 2008

netpea

Post by netpea » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:39 pm

Oh Mary, that was such a traumatic thing to go through for all you. You'll be in my prayers, please keep us updated...

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:41 pm

Mary,

I'm surrounding you in prayer as you search for answers that I know that only the Lord can give. Thank you for your beautiful testimony and example of reacting to a scary situation in the peace of God's love. I'm thinking of you as you're most likely at the doctor now and praying for God's continuing strength for your family.

Blessings,
Carrie

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:24 pm

Oh Thank you so much for your sweet words of encouragement and most importantly for your prayers. The Heart Of Dakota family is so very special. I went to the Ped today and he didn't really give us any new info. So Saturday he will see our holistic doctor and he is now scheduled on the 26th with the pediatric neurologist. They said he will have to be sleep when they do the EEG so I will stay up late with him on the 25th and then my husband is going to wake him at 5am and take him out for breakfast and keep him up. We then will go to the hospital for the EEG. Our prayer is that he will be sleepy enough to get a good reading.

My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you. -- Isaiah 26:9
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

8arrows

Post by 8arrows » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:26 pm

Our second son seized once as a toddler, but it turned out to be due to sudden onset of fever. It never happened again. I hope and pray your case is of a temporary or one time occurance as well. Please keep us posted.
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.