Prayer Request/Update

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
annaz

Post by annaz » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:58 pm

Wow, Mary! Thank goodness you went into the hospital!!

Praying for you here as well.
Ann

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:07 pm

Now my doctor is not sure what is going on? My blood pressure is back to normal with no medication? She said, she will not officially say it was a "freak" of nature until a couple weeks go by, but that she is surprised how it's back to normal.

Oh Carrie, I cannot even imagine how scary it must have been for both you and Mike. PTL, that he is doing well and thank you for being so encouraging with your blood pressure story.

Candice, I have missed you so much. I know you guys are taking the summer off, but it was good seeing your beautiful face. (you know what I mean)

Brenda, I am so sorry your power went out. Thank YOU for your prayers. This just re-affirms that I made a good choice in joining WW. But I had to miss the first week because of the hospital stay :roll:

Mel, I have been thinking of you. How are you feeling? Thank you for your words of encouragement. I hope you saw my post to you on another thread. Know that I am so sorry that your life is not going in a direction you wanted it to this next year. However, I encourage you to embrace it! You just be the best homeroom mom possible. Make dinner time special and know that it's just a season.

Thank you to everyone for your prayers. I cannot tell you how much your life giving words have meant. God is so good! Thanks to my friend Christa (Granolamom6) I don't even have to cook for my family until next Thursday?! I insisted I was fine, but since I have a lot of tests scheduled at the hospital they insisted. Let's just say, we are very much enjoying it:yum: I love you girls

:D :D :D
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:17 pm

MamaMary wrote:Now my doctor is not sure what is going on? My blood pressure is back to normal with no medication? She said, she will not officially say it was a "freak" of nature until a couple weeks go by, but that she is surprised how it's back to normal.
Praying this is the case. But please slow down for a while and take care of yourself. And if it makes you feel better I will be dieting using a similar plan and I am in it to get this done so it will be a while. :wink:
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

annaz

Post by annaz » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:06 am

Mary, do you think you may have had an allergic reaction to something?????

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Wow Mary, what a story! We'll be praying for you here.
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:27 pm

Oh Crystal, thank you for your prayers! (((Warm Appreciative Embrace)))
annaz wrote:Mary, do you think you may have had an allergic reaction to something?????
Well, the BP started to climb today so I had to start my medicine. It frightened me at first because about 3 hours after I took it, I felt so sad. A friend brought dinner by and I shared with her, as she prayed I just couldn't stop crying. I have NEVER felt like that before. I wondered if that is what depression must feel like? Sad and hopeless? I thought, "uh-oh", but now I feel fine. I have never taken any kind of long term medicine and my body is very sensitive. I am hoping it's just a learning curve and that things will be better as time goes on. I only take one pill a day. So I am done until noon tomorrow. (whew) Thank YOU for all your prayers. I sure appreciate it. I am just so glad when each day goes by. I want "normal". My husband took me out to get my new cell phone tonight and blue tooth. That really helped, LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

I updated my blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:34 pm

Oh Mary I think that is so normal. It is scary when you do not know what is going on and how long will it last. I think to have a small moment of sadness is so normal. You are such a positive person and I know you are strong in your faith. I know that you know that God walks with you on this. He is maybe teaching you a new dependence on Him in a different way and if you are like me that is always hard. But He is there with you as I know you know intimately. Mary I am praising God that there is a pill you can take for this and it can be controlled for now. I am praying for you, for healing and for peace. Please take good care of yourself and slow down. :D We need you here. :wink:
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Benelli

Post by Benelli » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:36 pm

Praying here for you too, Mary.
Lisa, Mama to 7 -

PHFHG with Ben (9) and Ellie (11) with extensions
BLHFHG half-speed with Sophie (8) and Anthony (7) with Emerging Readers and Draw*Write*Now
LHFHG with Thomas (7) and Nicholas (5) with Emerging Readers
and Lily Jane (2) tagging along

Candice

Post by Candice » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:41 pm

I agree with water2wine, we need you here, you are one in a zillion!!