You know you have a good curriculum when...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
keyjoh

Re: You know you have a good curriculum when...

Post by keyjoh » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:52 am

.....when your 3 year old that you didn't realize was listening with big brother was able to re-enact Jonah and the Big Fish for Dad as he was giving him a bath.
.....when you tell your 7 year old that it's time for school and he comes running with his school books in hand every morning.
.....when Mommy looks forward to school every day.
.....when Mommy continuously takes her guides in the bathroom to read as if their a great novel. :lol: :mrgreen:
......when your 3 year old wakes up first thing in the morning asking to do school even before he eats breakfast. You tell him that he needs to eat breakfast first and he asks you why...lol!

......when school actually gets done. I just can't stress that enough. It actually gets done! :lol:
----------
Bigger Hearts For His Glory (DD9)
Beyond Little Hearts For His Glory (DS7)
Little Hands To Heaven (DS3)

lissiejo

Post by lissiejo » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:35 pm

This post has taken on a life of it's own! I love it! :) It has been so much fun to read!!!
Melissa (Pastor's wife in NC)

http://gracefilledhomeschooling.blogspot.com
Rose (12-years-old) - Revival to Revolution
Beth (10-years-old) - Creation to Christ
Grace (8-years-old) - Bigger Hearts for His Glory

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:33 pm

Oh, these posts are precious! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

melissamomof3girls

Post by melissamomof3girls » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:44 am

How fun! Isn't it a great encouragement to "keep on a keepin' on" when you see your children flourish and have fun with "school" like that!
Melissa mama to
19 yo dd
17 yo dd
15 yo dd
12 yo ds
8 yo dd

Heidi in AK

Post by Heidi in AK » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:06 am

...when your 3yo recites the LHFHG Bible verses perfectly!
...when your kids' best playtime is during the rotating box! (Working on this one!)
...when friends are struggling to get through school, although we've been done since before lunch!
...when kids "get" the Reformation!

For starters...

Thanks for this great thread, Melissa!
Heidi
loving teaching my rewards!!!
Girlie (dd7) - Beyond, 4 days/week
Boy-o (ds4), LHTH, along for the ride!!! (all boy, whatever he can get his hands on, FULL OF ENERGY!)
Psalm 78:3-7

http://heidihovan.blogspot.com

lissiejo

Post by lissiejo » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:34 am

...when the grandparents (who were at the very least skeptical about homeschooling and felt it was a last resort option) tell you they are now sold on the benefits of homeschooling :)

keyjoh

Post by keyjoh » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:31 pm

...when you have lots of homeschooling mamas at your church and half of them are asking what curricula you are using for school because they are wondering how you are schooling 3 kids (with all the hands-on activities) and still done around lunch time AND you don't seem stressed out. I was SO happy to 'loan' out my HOD catalogs this past weekend. I say 'loan' because I always have to keep one on hand as they make for good reading :mrgreen:
----------

keyjoh

Post by keyjoh » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:34 pm

lissiejo wrote:I keep telling my friends who are struggling with their homeschool how amazing HOD is. They think I must be an amazing homeschool mom because my kids love school so much. I keep telling them it's not me, it's my curriculum!
Same here! I am just so thankful that the Lord has led me to HOD. I can't sing enough praises.
----------

lissiejo

Post by lissiejo » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:41 pm

keyjoh wrote:...when you have lots of homeschooling mamas at your church and half of them are asking what curricula you are using for school because they are wondering how you are schooling 3 kids (with all the hands-on activities) and still done around lunch time AND you don't seem stressed out. I was SO happy to 'loan' out my HOD catalogs this past weekend. I say 'loan' because I always have to keep one on hand as they make for good reading :mrgreen:
Same here! I have loaned the guides on my shelf to my friends to convince them...the ones I'm saving for the next kiddo :) I keep trying to tell people, I am not some super amazing homeschool mama! I have a super amazing homeschool curriculum!

deltagal

Post by deltagal » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:21 pm

...when the mom finds herself learning something new everytime she uses a guide with another child.
With Joy!
Florence

My blog: http://florencebrooks.com/

Began HOD 1/2009
Currently using: Bigger, RTR, Rev to Rev and MTMM