Beefing up World History in Rev2Rev & MtMM???

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
flackattack

Beefing up World History in Rev2Rev & MtMM???

Post by flackattack » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:56 pm

Anyone ever tried beefing up the World History within Rev2Rev and MtMM in order to award a credit in World History? I have read other posts about beefing up Government or Economics, but never anything about the World History. If this is possible then I could award a 1/2 credit in Rev2Rev in Early Modern World History, Early American History, and Government. In MtMM I could give a 1/2 credit in Modern World History, Modern American History, and Economics.
My only other concern about going this route is that although Rev2Rev looks wonderful, it seems like some of the spines might be too young for highschool (my ds will be in 10th next year). I read the following comment by Carrie in a post about beefing up Rev2Rev... "In pondering using Rev. to Rev. for grade 9, you would most likely have the hours daily in the guide to award a full credit of U.S. History (up to 1900), however not all of the study is high school worthy. Depending on your goals for your student though, and your state requirements, there is much in Rev. to Rev. that would equal a full credit." I know Carrie is really busy with the Geography guide, so if you have used Rev2Rev for a highschooler, could you flesh that out for me? What within Rev2Rev (specifcally the Economy package) would you consider to be more "highschool worthy"?
I would appreciate any input! :D

8arrows

Re: Beefing up World History in Rev2Rev & MtMM???

Post by 8arrows » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:51 pm

We added the first 1/2 of BJU American history (I already had it from my older boys) for a full history credit. I considered it all high school worthy because it was in addition to a high school text. I definitely see what Carrie is saying; I just didn't think it applied to our situation considering what we added. My daughter also did several of the items in the extensions, but not all. I used A Noble Experiment for government, so the state study and the signers study both applied to her 1st half of American History credit as well. I think it might be harder to add for a world history credit, but homeschoolers are creative!
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.