We finished Beyond today!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
moedertje

We finished Beyond today!

Post by moedertje » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:27 pm

Ds finished Beyond today and was thrilled to no extend to be done with another manual. :D We have been using "Bigger" for math and last week he told me that he wants to start "Bigger". My df (acts29), her son finished today as well and he wants to start on Monday with "Bigger".
What to do with these wonderful boys, who just want to steam on. :D
I guess, we will start "Bigger" right away!!!! :mrgreen: :oops: 8) :shock: , that is if I get my act together this week-end. :P :P :wink:

Thank you Carrie for a wonderful guide and it was wonderful using it the second time around! :D :D :D
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

Gigi

Re: We finished Beyond today!

Post by Gigi » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:51 pm

Congrats!! I am currently using Beyond, can I ask you...how long did it take you to complete Beyond? Did you go through it 5 days a week? I started Beyond late August and I am not anywhere near the end. I need to pick up the pace and get it done!! Thanks!
Gigi ~
Starting HOD in 2012-2013 school year!!
dd 7 Beyond
ds 4 Little Hands

mskogen

Post by mskogen » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:38 am

Congrautlations!! Always exciting to finish a manual and start another :)
Blessings,
Michelle

Wife to dh since 2000
ds 15 years old, World History
ds 14 years old, World History
ds 11 years old, RTR
dd 9 years old, Preparing
Enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, MTMM, WG, enjoying WH

moedertje

Post by moedertje » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:08 am

Gigi wrote:.how long did it take you to complete Beyond? Did you go through it 5 days a week? I started Beyond late August and I am not anywhere near the end. I need to pick up the pace and get it done!! Thanks!
Thank you!

We started Beyond last February. At the time ds was in first grade and we did it 3x/ week. I did not want to rush him and get into Bigger too soon. After summer break in July, we picked up pace in August and went 5x/week (we moved and had a few weeks off in between). :D day 5 in the Beyond guide consist mainly of Bible Study, so it was easy to complete on the week-end, if we had a short week. Toward the end of the guide or days were very quick!
Success with your little one :D
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.