my3sons... Julie... Did you ever make a post about

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
StillJulie

my3sons... Julie... Did you ever make a post about

Post by StillJulie » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:12 pm

preparing for MTMM?

The one where you take pictures and tell what all you bought/organized before you started your school year?

I love those threads for my planning... so incredibly, wonderfully helpful. :mrgreen:
16yo DD using US History 1 for 11th grade
14yo DS using World Geography for 9th grade
13yo DS using Rev to Rev for 7th grade
10yo DD using Creation to Christ for 5th grade
8yo DD using Bigger for 3rd grade
7yo DD using Beyond Hearts for 2nd grade

my3sons

Re: my3sons... Julie... Did you ever make a post about

Post by my3sons » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:14 pm

Hi StillJulie! :D Thanks for asking, but I sadly didn't get that accomplished for MTMM. :cry: I had a lot going on with my dad's health at that point, so I just flew by the seat of my pants and opened the guide and began. It worked fairly well actually, but I would still like to do a post like that in the future. Sorry - I wish I'd gotten it done too!!!!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

StillJulie

Post by StillJulie » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:24 pm

No problem.

With the charter virtual school option that we're likely to utilize next year, I may not get my copy of the MTMM teacher's guide until about a week or two before we start. So, I will need to really do my homework to make sure that I don't miss any supplies or essentials that I will need to use it as written. This will likely be one of my biggest challenges since I typically do most of my curriculum shopping and planning around this time of year (when many curriculum companies offer discounts). I like to have the materials in hand quite awhile before we start.
16yo DD using US History 1 for 11th grade
14yo DS using World Geography for 9th grade
13yo DS using Rev to Rev for 7th grade
10yo DD using Creation to Christ for 5th grade
8yo DD using Bigger for 3rd grade
7yo DD using Beyond Hearts for 2nd grade

Mom2Monkeys

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:39 pm

I think you will get a really good idea of what you need by reading the introduction pages, which you can see in the MTMM sample :)
~~Tamara~~
Enjoying HOD since 2008

DD15 long-time HODie finding her own new path
DS12 PHFHG {dysgraphia, APD, SID}
DS9 PHFHG
DS6 LHFHG
DD new nursling

Heather4Him

Post by Heather4Him » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:28 am

Julie--did you find that we needed to do any major printing or anything beforehand with MTMM, (like the Composer lapbook in Rev2Rev)? Just want to be prepared ahead of time--thanks!! :)
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:24 pm

MTMM doesn't have any copying really to do ahead of time. The Map Trek maps can be copied ahead of time, or they can be done as you need them. This year, Wyatt just copies his maps as he needs them, and as he is able to do this on his own, it adds no time to my teaching day, so it's worked just fine. If you are doing the state study, it's nice to have some state info brochures on hand. The Introduction lists a website you can order this from for free. However, this can be printed via the Internet for free from various sites as needed too. The nature study has some special supplies that can easily be found at craft stores, and the nature journal is something to choose and order ahead of time - though I believe the plans gave some time to do this too. Science has a few supplies that are needed throughout the year, but they are noted by unit in the introduction very clearly. I did not get these ahead of tiime, other than the denatured alcohol, and there have been great reminders for what we need that I just jot on the grocery list and get as needed. There are not many things, but a few are perishable, like the tomato, and it just works well to get those a week ahead of time. Other than a few notebooks, binders, etc. , that's it! The introduction lays it out clearly, so that is an awesome place to look! HTH get you going too~ HTH! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Heather4Him

Post by Heather4Him » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Thanks Julie--that does help!! :)
Love in Christ,